tModLoader Banner Bonanza - Collect and Consolidate Banners

jopojelly

Retinazer
tModLoader
icon_workshop.png

Banner Bonanza
Latest Download:
Mod Browser (in-game) - Workshop (1.4) - Direct link (1.3) - Alt download link (1.3)
Open to collaboration on GitHub
Discord:

Banner Bonanza lets you combine all of your banners into one, easy to maintain Banner Rack! No more guesswork, no more useless chests full of banners.

First, craft a Banner Rack from Rope, Glass, Topaz, Wood, and Stylish Scissors at a Heavy Work Bench and place it.

vFuEf8t.png

sIU9aQC.png

Next, right click on the Banner Rack while holding banners and they will be transferred to the Banner Rack.

DYrbO0a.png

UVgT4GH.png

You will receive the banner buff for all banners stored in the Banner Rack!

7YYKS91.png

Right click on Banner Rack for a hint on which banner to work towards next.

T51Jmn3.png

Hover over a Banner Rack to see the progress on your collection.

ipsy3jL.png

You may be wondering how to get Stylish Scissors. The Stylist drops it rarely (1 in 8), so you'll have to be a bit cruel with the lava buckets,
but it is well worth the guilt. `:naughty::dryadnaughty:

ZMfCt89.png

See it in action:

A Big Thanks to @VoxelFox for the tile sprite!

Planned Features:
  • Portable/Personal Version?
  • dunno
Changelog:

v1.0
  • Initial Release
  • Have Fun
BannerBonanza.jpg

Attachments

• icon_workshop.png
    icon_workshop.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
This looks great, but stylish scissors :/ they're a 12.5% drop from a town NPC (making it hard to kill) which you don't get on 2/3 modded playthroughs due to the rarity of the bound stylist, I'm also not a fan of using a weapon for utility furniture. Change the recipe and this mod'll be perfect.

This looks great, but stylish scissors :/ they're a 12.5% drop from a town NPC (making it hard to kill) which you don't get on 2/3 modded playthroughs due to the rarity of the bound stylist, I'm also not a fan of using a weapon for utility furniture. Change the recipe and this mod'll be perfect.
Always with the complaining, 55. Get cheatsheet and hack the scissors in. BOOM.

Pfft, Stylist is easy to get. Find a Spider Nest, and repeatedly run in and out. Bam, she spawns. Build a house with a convenient lip so you can pour some lava in and kill her. Remove lava, repeat.

Direct link's just a little broken.
Thanks, fixed that url.

I kinda wanted a recipe that would require you to do at least something you wouldn't normally do, so you deserve it. Any ideas are appreciated though.

Thanks, fixed that url.

I kinda wanted a recipe that would require you to do at least something you wouldn't normally do, so you deserve it. Any ideas are appreciated though.

Alright, in that case, taking the eye of Horus's point into account, perhaps make the stylist sell a new item (her shop is no doubt minimal anyway, so this would be a good thing) that's used as a base.

Alright, in that case, taking the eye of Horus's point into account, perhaps make the stylist sell a new item (her shop is no doubt minimal anyway, so this would be a good thing) that's used as a base.

Mmm, that, plus bars (or armor crafted from them) to taste for when it can be obtained, plus one or two vanity sets, perhaps? Though TBH as it is a base drop from the NPC in vanilla, I'm not sure how much I object to not having one...

Mmm, that, plus bars (or armor crafted from them) to taste for when it can be obtained, plus one or two vanity sets, perhaps? Though TBH as it is a base drop from the NPC in vanilla, I'm not sure how much I object to not having one...

Could you put that in simpler terms, made no sense to me. The first part seems to mock me, though :(

Finally a banner mod, this is so useful and I think the recipe is perfect. Btw What happens if you break the banner rack while there's banners on it

Finally a banner mod, this is so useful and I think the recipe is perfect. Btw What happens if you break the banner rack while there's banners on it
If you mine the banner rack itself, banners come off one at a time. If you break it forcefully, like breaking the ceiling it is anchored to, all of the banners will be dropped at once.
[doublepost=1502146602,1502146548][/doublepost]
Very nice!`:happy: That portable version would be great too, especially for the celestial pillars.

Bug: Banner Rack goes poof upon removal, unlike the gif, in which it's recovered.
I'll investigate. I tested a lot though and always got my banner back. Anything unusual about how you got it to go poof?

I'll investigate. I tested a lot though and always got my banner back. Anything unusual about how you got it to go poof?
Can't think of anything; I even attached it to plain ol' Wood blocks a couple of times, and forged a new Iron Pickaxe in case my Nebula Pickaxe was doing something weird somehow. Same result. The banners came off one at a time all right, but when I hit the Banner Rack itself, it just vanished in woody particles. I didn't see it coming off the Wood blocks, as in the gif, and it didn't show up in my inventory.

Back
Top Bottom