Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Yes, but keep base 50

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No, 50 paladins is fine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Derunih

Steampunker
So, I'm gallivanting around in Journey mode, and I'm trying to fill out my research legitimately (I may be insane). And I have noticed something...

Getting banners for some enemies is incredibly daunting. Paladins, Mothron, Ice Golem, Biome mimics, to name a few... You need to kill 50 of these guys! Have you tried killing 50 paladins?!

So, with the addition of a visible bestiary, I have a simple solution: Tie the amount of kills needed into the enemy rarity. I would increase the base from 50 to 100, but divide it by the "rarity level".

Zombie: * = 100 per banner
Paladin ***** = 20 per banner

Sounds fair, right? In rare cases where multiple rarities overlap (zombie variants), the lowest rarity wins (needing more kills).

This is a very fair suggestion. I can't think of anything that is a more absurd grind in the game than trying to collect every banner.

This would take a fair amount of work, determining the correct numbers to earn each banner. Your idea of tying it rarity makes that a lot easier. And after the impressive amount of effort the Terraria team went to by giving a bestiary 'description' for every enemy in the game, it's clear they're devoted to putting time and care into this.

this might be slightly unrelated but might I add a suggestion for turning off banner drops for certain mobs you have marked in the bestiary? maybe only during journey mode?

because I find it rather annoying that my inventory gets filled up with banners so fast during regular gameplay and it gets worse if you work with statues (engines etc) or farm for something in journey mode

this might be slightly unrelated but might I add a suggestion for turning off banner drops for certain mobs you have marked in the bestiary? maybe only during journey mode?

because I find it rather annoying that my inventory gets filled up with banners so fast during regular gameplay and it gets worse if you work with statues (engines etc) or farm for something in journey mode
A wonderful point. Until/unless something like that is implemented, best you can do is use an encumbering stone in areas you have already fully looted.

Back
Top Bottom