Weapons & Equip Banners Wearable as Accessories

bad_news

Duke Fishron
Have you ever seen a character in a movie or some other kind of media wearing a cool thing and holding a battle standard? No? Yes? Either way, we should be able to do it!

Banners should be equipable as accessories, giving no stats and serving only the purpose of vanity. Why? Because it would look bad:red:, it would be available and relevant from early to late-game, and it would add a ton of customization options. Banners would be visible in the back slot, like wings and capes/cloaks, and like all other visible accessories be affected by dye.

Here's a quick, very poorly done mockup:
terraria character.png

And another, better sprite by Kibo:
yX9Y6Zj.png
[No longer up apparently]

To add onto this, it would seem a bit odd to have battle standards that are wearable and not to make
Goblin_Battle_Standard.png
wearable, so it would be as well.

As always, thoughts, feedback, opinions, and criticisms are welcomed.

Last edited:
Hmm... hey, we could make them wearable a capes! Of course, a battle standard's fine, too.

We could have the Traveling Merchant sell the flags of real-life countries, too.
Capes or battle standards would both work, and take up the same slot. Flags is a great idea for the traveling merchant! I could imagine the merchant even having multiple skins and selling different flags based on the skin/country they're from.

Capes or battle standards would both work, and take up the same slot. Flags is a great idea for the traveling merchant! I could imagine the merchant even having multiple skins and selling different flags based on the skin/country they're from.
Lool
Yellow=Asian flags
Black=African flags
White=Europe/american flag
Invisible=Canada
Brown=Spanish countries
Ahahahahaha...
I have too much fun being racist ): halp me

Assuming you are basing yourslef on this kind of standard, then have this sprite:
yX9Y6Zj.png
(not fully done by any means)

Two things, I LOVE your avatar, and isn't this relevant to Starbound, with the lantern on a stick on the back? Meh... What am i saying "minecraft is like terraria except terraria is 2D and more worser"

Two things, I LOVE your avatar, and isn't this relevant to Starbound, with the lantern on a stick on the back? Meh... What am i saying "minecraft is like terraria except terraria is 2D and more worser"
Didn't even think about the lantern stick when making this, but it is similar I guess. It was more inspired by the wings and capes in-game. And thanks, the avatar took a lot of tweaking to make ;)

Back
Top Bottom