Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Nope. (Explain Why)

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
Have you ever realized that if you toss away all your tools, you are nearly completely stuck unless you bring in tools from another world? Well I have a solution! And that solution is...

Bare-Handed Actions

Basically, my suggestion is that if you are not holding anything, you can click to punch. Punching will do 2 damage, and can be used to mine dirt, mud, and other extremely brittle blocks. But the more important use for it is punching trees. You can punch down a tree in about twice the time it takes with a copper axe. This way, it is impossible for players to get stuck.

Last edited:
Have you ever realized that if you toss away all your tools, you are nearly completely stuck unless you bring in tools from another world? Well I have a solution! And that solution is...

Bare-Handed Actions

Basically, my suggestion is that if you are not holding anything, you can click to punch. Punching will do 5 damage, and can be used to mine dirt, mud, and other extremely brittle blocks. But the more important use for it is punching trees. You can punch down a tree in about the time it takes with a copper axe, only slightly slower. This way, it is impossible for playings to get stuck.
And now you destroy a very bold line that separated Terraria and Minecraft. I'm Sorry but I do not support. Its on par with a copper shortsword, it can mine trees, making only the pickaxe useful.

And now you destroy a very bold line that separated Terraria and Minecraft. I'm Sorry but I do not support. Its on par with a copper shortsword, it can mine trees, making only the pickaxe useful.
I will make it slower and less effective than the shortsword and axe, but I don't think you understand the point of the suggestion.

There are two situations in which you would be left without tools:

A) You died as a mediumcore character in an impossible-to-reach-without-items location and you don't have a reserve.
B) You deliberately threw them away.

I think neither of these situations validate adding this. Mediumcore players should revise their strategy and people who intentionally try to get stuck should not be catered to.

There are two situations in which you would be left without tools:

A) You died as a mediumcore character in an impossible-to-reach-without-items location and you don't have a reserve.
B) You deliberately threw them away.

I think neither of these situations validate adding this. Mediumcore players should revise their strategy and people who intentionally try to get stuck should not be catered to.
I have actually had a situation where I've tossed my copper tools after thinking that I'd grabbed enough ore to craft a better pickaxe. Then I had to bring in a pick from another world.

Actually, when you die in mediumcore, you re-spawn with a new set of starter tools, so the only situation this could be a problem is when the tools are thrown away.

Really? I never played Mediumcore, I thought you just lost everything.

Well, either way, that removes that point from the list then.

I don't think this should be added. The starting tools pretty much cover everything you need and there would be no reason for you to throw away your starting items.

Sorry, I didn't see that

I have actually had a situation where I've tossed my copper tools after thinking that I'd grabbed enough ore to craft a better pickaxe. Then I had to bring in a pick from another world.

The merchant offers a solution for this in the form of a copper pickaxe and a copper axe or the low-low price of 5 and 4 silver coins for each one!
Also I'm sorry but I don't understand why anyone would throw away their tools before crafting new ones, that sounds a little dumb.

Sorry, I didn't see that

The merchant offers a solution for this in the form of a copper pickaxe and a copper axe or the low-low price of 5 and 4 silver coins for each one!
Also I'm sorry but I don't understand why anyone would throw away their tools before crafting new ones, that sounds a little dumb.
Yeah it was not the best move.

Anyways the merchant can't move in unless a house is built beforehand.

The point is just to prevent players from getting stuck one way or another. x_x
They could still break pots by placing blocks down, use bombs, etc.
Honestly I'd rather not have a function for not holding anything, because I usually don't hold anything in my base to prevent some accidental destruction.

My point is I just want to prevent players from accidentally destroying stuff one way or another. x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom