Base Ideas? (EXTREMELY EARLY GAME, E X T R E M E L Y)

MoonLightLancer

Terrarian
So I made a new character, new world, and started to play. Immeditaly I go get wood, and then I make a tiny wooden box to start off. Whats next? I dont know. I need help from experienced builders that would help me. Heres a picture of my box http://prntscr.com/aqogf8. #bestbase2016

Use smaller font and build more boxes. Kidding.
Look at other builder's builds, and then try to learn their style of building, then adjust it to make it fit your eyes.

Last edited:
If you have a rough idea of what you'd like to build, definitely use google to your advantage. Say you wanted to build a castle. Use google images to get an idea of what it would look like. You can use this image to take a look at every building material available in the game. It is a phenomenal tool that I frequently use.

Other than that, you can do what @Mihn suggested, and look at other builders. I would highly recommend @rulick15 @WarWar and @Rariaz

There are quite a lot of great builders in Terraria, those are just the few that come to mind right away.

Happy building ^.^

If you have a rough idea of what you'd like to build, definitely use google to your advantage. Say you wanted to build a castle. Use google images to get an idea of what it would look like. You can use this image to take a look at every building material available in the game. It is a phenomenal tool that I frequently use.

Other than that, you can do what @Mihn suggested, and look at other builders. I would highly recommend @rulick15 @WarWar and @Rariaz

There are quite a lot of great builders in Terraria, those are just the few that come to mind right away.

Happy building ^.^
Where do I find these builds of theres?

Where do I find these builds of theres?
If you click on their names, and go to their profile page, you can click on the tab labelled "postings." At the bottom of that tab, you will see an option called "Find all threads by [username]." Click on that, and you can easily spot the build threads of these people. In addition, I know a couple of them have signatures that will take you to their build thread (similar to how my signature will take you to my build thread).

If you click on their names, and go to their profile page, you can click on the tab labelled "postings." At the bottom of that tab, you will see an option called "Find all threads by [username]." Click on that, and you can easily spot the build threads of these people. In addition, I know a couple of them have signatures that will take you to their build thread (similar to how my signature will take you to my build thread).
Their builds are far to complex, like I said I just started the game.

I'm not very good at building in games and such... I spend a lot of time looking at other peoples builds tbh. Creativity works differently for everyone but just keep an eye out for something that inspires you.. and have a go.
Or, the first person was joking, but, seriously, just keep building boxes, separately, together, add to them, remove from them. you don't have to build an amazing house on day 1, just have shelter. As you collect materials you will find blocks you like and get ideas for it. Just play the game, look at other builds, and see what comes to you, make your box bigger, add other boxes etc. Eventually, you will have a really nice house :) Creativity takes time, especially the good stuff!

It's boring as heck, but this is the basic design I use if I'm not in the mood for coming up with anything fancy.
Condo.jpg
Each room is 8x4 (interior size) and the "elevator" is 3 tiles wide. This version is a little bit weird actually, normally I use regular doors, and put platforms in the elevator on each level. I was just experimenting this time. As you see, the ground floor has doors on both sides (so it doesn't block travel) and features a few items I might want to access before heading out. There's basement below where I have crafting and storage.

One good thing about this as a starter base is it's easy to add more levels as NPCs arrive. (Make sure you have at least one free room at any time so they can show up.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom