WIP Baseball Bats - Hit those projectiles back!

TheQuietBisharp

Official Terrarian
So, I believe a few people around here know I play baseball, and that's given me the inspiration to make this. You might be saying, "Why sports stuff on a video game forum?" I dunno, it's interesting? Now, enough babbling and onto my fiftywhatsit suggestion.

This will be subject to changes, I'd like to get you input or where I could take this, like metal bats and such.

index.php
(Thanks @ZemmySix!)
Wooden Bat
Basic bat, can be built early on with 5 pieces of wood at a sawmill. Swung like a sword and will reflect the projectile at the enemy that fired it.
Possibly add Iron to the recipe as to represent putting a nail in the bat not unlike zombie movies.

Now here's where you guys leave your input. I have a variety of WIP ideas for it that I'd like to see if you want fleshed out.
  • Baseball projectiles
  • Metal bats not unlike real life
  • Baseball uniform vanity
  • A good suggestion
  • Nailed bat
A bit lackluster, but I believe it's a creative idea that has potential. (But don't they all?) Shut up inner Bisharp.

LoveSpreader

Terrarian
While they aren't quite similar as yours, I believe there are at least two suggestions for a baseball bat. However, theirs are meant to send enemies flying.

As for the idea, could work. I'd love to see it for Phasesabers/blades first though.

Expanding upon the idea, how about a tennis racket?

Axios

Official Terrarian
I'd like to see a good suggestion please :D just kidding.

This seems like a really nice idea. Would it reflect boss projectiles? Like lasers and cursed balled of fire? Also how world this work for flame throwers?

TheQuietBisharp

Official Terrarian
While they aren't quite similar as yours, I believe there are at least two suggestions for a baseball bat. However, theirs are meant to send enemies flying.

As for the idea, could work. I'd love to see it for Phasesabers/blades first though.

Expanding upon the idea, how about a tennis racket?
Crap, I thought I remembered searching if there were similar threads. Tennis rackets sound like a pretty good idea. though maybe shortsword size. Thanks for your feedback, I always enjoy getting criticism from you. :)

@Axios, I'm thinking yes. It may need to be nerfed to slower swing speed to compensate. I'd say no on flamethrowers, by logic it would melt or burn a bat.

Top Bottom