Items Baseball Bats - Hit those projectiles back!

TheQuietBisharp

Official Terrarian
So, I believe a few people around here know I play baseball, and that's given me the inspiration to make this. You might be saying, "Why sports stuff on a video game forum?" I dunno, it's interesting? Now, enough babbling and onto my fiftywhatsit suggestion.

This will be subject to changes, I'd like to get you input or where I could take this, like metal bats and such.

index.php
(Thanks @ZemmySix!)
Wooden Bat
Basic bat, can be built early on with 5 pieces of wood at a sawmill. Swung like a sword and will reflect the projectile at the enemy that fired it.
Possibly add Iron to the recipe as to represent putting a nail in the bat not unlike zombie movies.

Now here's where you guys leave your input. I have a variety of WIP ideas for it that I'd like to see if you want fleshed out.
  • Baseball projectiles
  • Metal bats not unlike real life
  • Baseball uniform vanity
  • A good suggestion
  • Nailed bat
A bit lackluster, but I believe it's a creative idea that has potential. (But don't they all?) Shut up inner Bisharp.

While they aren't quite similar as yours, I believe there are at least two suggestions for a baseball bat. However, theirs are meant to send enemies flying.

As for the idea, could work. I'd love to see it for Phasesabers/blades first though.

Expanding upon the idea, how about a tennis racket?

I'd like to see a good suggestion please :D just kidding.

This seems like a really nice idea. Would it reflect boss projectiles? Like lasers and cursed balled of fire? Also how world this work for flame throwers?

While they aren't quite similar as yours, I believe there are at least two suggestions for a baseball bat. However, theirs are meant to send enemies flying.

As for the idea, could work. I'd love to see it for Phasesabers/blades first though.

Expanding upon the idea, how about a tennis racket?
Crap, I thought I remembered searching if there were similar threads. Tennis rackets sound like a pretty good idea. though maybe shortsword size. Thanks for your feedback, I always enjoy getting criticism from you. :)

@Axios, I'm thinking yes. It may need to be nerfed to slower swing speed to compensate. I'd say no on flamethrowers, by logic it would melt or burn a bat.

Back
Top Bottom