Weapons & Equip Baseballs!

Fortanono 🌳

Retinazer
This has come to my mind when Cenx had said that she wants to do a mechanical update, i.e. wiring. I realized how the traps were all Dart Traps now, and the Boulder traps have been left in the dust. I think that there should be an upgrade that is easy to get and compact, and not a Lihzahrd Staff of Earth-style boulder. If we go that route, no doubt it'll be outclassed. However, after getting the Dart and Boulder traps, there is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge gap until you can defeat Plantera and harvest traps in the Temple. And then traps become relevant again. So... Introducing, a post-Skeletron trap, the Baseball!

Baseball
Takes up a 1-block space
200-275 damage, though unlike Boulders, it is affected by 50% of enemy defense
Rolls at 110% of the speed of Boulders
After breaking, has a 33.3% chance of dropping as an item
Crafted with 1 Leather and 1 Pink Thread at a Tinkerer's Workshop

Leather should also be obtainable on Crimson worlds by crafting 3 Tissue Samples together. Reduced cost for higher ingredient tier.

Tiered after Skeletron since the Clothier sells Pink Thread, and you also need to go into the dark biome/defeat a Goblin Army to get it. It also fixes the idea that Pink Thread is useless, since you can dye your Eskimo outfit for the same effect.

And finally, new death messages!
  • "[Player] got struck out."
  • "[Player] ran home."

I feel like this is needed, but a baseball kinda doesn't fit in the game...
Watcha talkin' bout? This is Terraria! :naughty:

Seriously though, I can see your concern. It might now be the best pick for a Boulder upgrade. The obvious pick would be for the Lihzahrd, but they'd be outclassed if put there.

Uhm, it should be bigger or deal somewhat less damage. I don't think 200+ damage fits for something that's one block wide and tall, and falls at the same speed of a boulder. But I like the death messages!

I think you meant Vertebrae, Tissue Sample = Shadow Scale.
:sigh: I know that. Vertebrae to make Leather? What? Tissue Samples make more sense, and Vertebrae makes none, so yeah. Keep in mind that I use less Tissue Samples in the recipe then Rotten Chunks, to make up for the fact that Tissue Samples are rarer.

I like the leather idea. if we add baseballs, what about baseball bats? they could hit the ball back! throw a baseball in the air and hit it at an enemy, or throw one to a friend (reduced damage if just thrown, for balance). Play games of 2d baseball! well... cricket.

Back
Top Bottom