Mobile Basic Survival: First Days

Kaladin78

Eye of Cthulhu
I've played terraria for quite some time, doing multiple playthroughs. Before I ever started my first playthrough, I did a little research to make sure I was prepared. Taking information from dozens of sources, I began to build my own strategy. After a few playthroughs, It's been perfected.

First Day:
When you first spawn, Cut down a few trees and make a workbench:eek:. And a chair. Most people will start exploring their world at this time, but I have a different strategy. Dig down. Keep digging, and don't stop until you have a magic mirror, as you won't get very far without it. Also, it can't hurt to mine any and all iron/lead you find. You also want to craft wooden armor as soon as you can, it's very weak, but at this point, take whatever defense you can get. It's also a good Idea to make a few houses. I'm not talking about your basic wooden box, I'm talking about your basicer dirt box. Make at least four.

First Night:
Survival on your first night depends purely on one thing. Hiding. Make a kill trap for zombies, (a hole in the ground with you standing under an overhang waiting for them) and collect all the money you can. It's likely that in your frantic search for a magic mirror also got you some money. "What are we going to do with all of this money?" You ask, simple, the merchant.

Early Game:
Here's the deal, when you just spawned, you can't afford to be choosy with weapons. It doesn't matter what your class is, take anything that'll give you an edge. When the merchant moves in, buy the iron broadsword from him. Also, make frequent forages underground, and slowly build a stockpile of iron or lead. It's always a good idea to make an iron/lead anvil. As soon as you can, search for the dungeon. There are a few basic tips about finding a dungeon: It's always on the opposite side of the world as the jungle, so if you see a jungle, turn around. It's also on the same side of the world as the snow biome, so if you find a snow biome, you're on the right track. What are we doing at the dungeon, well first we wait until night fall, then we curse the old man, as he gives you tons of valuable loot. Now, for the veterans that ignored that advice, Look around the antechamber until you see a blue book on the bookshelves. Or you could haphazardly destroy bookshelves. Either way, the weapon that drops from them is incredibly useful. You seasoned veterans know what I mean. Good 'ol trusty water bolt. Every night, with your new iron broadsword and shining wooden armor, you should be running around, killing zombies, and collecting fallen stars. Five of them craft a mana crystal, which increases your maximum mana. On your forages underground, harvest glowing red hearts, as they increase your maximum life.

First Boss Fight:
Ignore King Slime, he doesn't deserve attention. Use your stockpile of iron to make a full set of iron armor. Buy about a hundred or so shurikens from the merchant, and wait until nightfall. The Eye of Cthulhu is among the first bosses you will face. It is summoned with a suspicious looking eye, which is crafted from six lenses at a demon or crimtane alter. Needless to say, shurikens will shred the Eye of Cthulhu, and a must is an accessory called band of regeneration. There are plenty of guides on how to beat the eye, I myself have one. After you beat it, again, ignore the demon/tendon bow, and make light's bane/blood butcherer. With this sword, you should be able to challenge the Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu. This boss should officially take you out of your sad life as a weakling. I hope this guide worked, and have fun trying to figure out everything beyond this!

Back
Top Bottom