**REPORTED** Battle potion + blue candle makes turtles and dolphins spawn in my line of sight

Marcos Moutta

Plantera
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I don't have a picture for this glitch because, well, if I took a screenshot it would just be a normal dolphin or turtle.
When I take battle potion and let a blue candle sit on the ocean, if I walk to the center of the ocean with the terra spark boots, sometimes I can see dolphins and turtles spawn INSIDE THE SCREEN. It's super jarring! They just appear! Like POOF turtle was born and you witnessed it
1280 x 800 resolution, high quality, trippy lighting if that helps.

That's the same when you're underwater in the ocean at the edge, farming for sharks and pink jellyfish.
This has been in game for a long time for sure. it's simply the minimum spawn distance that's related to the player, not the screen.

That's the same when you're underwater in the ocean at the edge, farming for sharks and pink jellyfish.
This has been in game for a long time for sure. it's simply the minimum spawn distance that's related to the player, not the screen.
That's not what's happening here. They literally are spawning on screen anywhere, you don't even need to increase the spawn rates.

Creatures spawn within a certain radius of your character, so when you are hugging one end of the map, and not in the center of the screen, this can happen. I often farm pirates at the ocean for more maps to fight more pirates, and its fun to watch when I stand at the very edge. :cool:

Creatures spawn within a certain radius of your character, so when you are hugging one end of the map, and not in the center of the screen, this can happen. I often farm pirates at the ocean for more maps to fight more pirates, and its fun to watch when I stand at the very edge. :cool:
I WAS CENTERED ON THE SCREEN

I've seen wonky spawning critters in the ocean too. They not only apper on the screen out of nowhere but also in my NPC's house in front of background walls, and that's without increased spawn rates. Pretty weird.

I've seen wonky spawning critters in the ocean too. They not only apper on the screen out of nowhere but also in my NPC's house in front of background walls, and that's without increased spawn rates. Pretty weird.
there you go, ness says I'm right

Allow me to clear this up...
As ppowersteef said, if you're on the very edges of the world, enemies and critters can spawn on-screen. However, there is a known issue that Turtles, Dolphins and Seahorses can spawn on-screen too.

So you're all correct. :)

Allow me to clear this up...
As ppowersteef said, if you're on the very edges of the world, enemies and critters can spawn on-screen. However, there is a known issue that Turtles, Dolphins and Seahorses can spawn on-screen too.

So you're all correct. :)
Sorry for reporting a known bug

Back
Top Bottom