Game Mechanics Be able to choose physical characteristics when creating a player

>>Terrarian<<

Solar Pillar
Hi people!
It's me again!
I'm here with a new idea and I think you'll like it even if I didn't bring sprites with me(which is not necessary).
Here's how: You all know that there is currently a choice of features when we're creating a player, right?
However, I felt and still feel that I need to choose something more detailed:

Weight, height and strength.

In terms of weight, we may be choosing whether the player is very thin, thin, normal, overweight or obese;
At the height part, it will be possible to choose if the player will be a dwarf, a short person, medium height or tall;
And the trickiest part, the strength, would be, whether the player looks strong, muscular, or not.

Remembering that all these characteristics that I mentioned should be visible in the created character.
I hope you enjoyed my idea that, honestly, I thought it was very original, and I would like you all to comment if there is anything I can improve on my suggestion.

thanks for reading. :happy:👍

While I think it's a great idea to give my character a bigger butt, the issue is the spritework and the hitboxes. Every clothing sprite is made in scale with the very specific body type in mind, and I'm not sure how easy it would be to translate the armor sets to every new body type. I'm sure there is an easy way around that by stretching the sprites, but that might just look... bad?

More variety in characters would be appreciated, but this would require the respriting of every single chest and leg Armor and Vanity like NINETEEN times over─and that's assuming the Strength aspect wouldn't also change shape too dramatically. I also don't think stretching would be pretty, though Melee weapons DO have those Size modifiers that can make some of them look pretty blurry, so I dunno.

More variety in characters would be appreciated, but this would require the respriting of every single chest and leg Armor and Vanity like NINETEEN times over─and that's assuming the Strength aspect wouldn't also change shape too dramatically. I also don't think stretching would be pretty, though Melee weapons DO have those Size modifiers that can make some of them look pretty blurry, so I dunno.

I liked your comment but I don't think the concept of force would change the damage of a weapon or anything other than the visual, that is, the aesthetics of the player. thank you anyway. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom