Official Be Water My Friends: 1.3 Liquid Mechanics Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally the water will look like actual water instead of being just blue squares falling :happy:
Looks really good too!

Answered about 5 posts back. :)
It'd probably be a good idea to put that in the OP so people will stop asking about it.

Also, for the record, if you see a different color grass, there's a 90% chance it's painted grass- don't get your hopes up. They wouldn't sneak in something like that in such a way, most likely.

Answered about 5 posts back. :)

I'm getting the feeling most ppl are just reading the first page then posting their question. Once threads exceed 10 pages or so, the less avid fans don't bother to read it all.

My suggestion would be to edit the quote into the second post on the first page. I feel it would be far more effective that way at assauging their concerns.

EDIT: dang, ninja'd

700 hrs only mainaccount not to mention my sideaccounts

Good for you bro but, my post was not about exposing how many hours I played, I know that lots of people played way more hours than me so... I don't really care about how many hours you played Terraria.

But if exposing that make you feel better then there is no problem, I don't mind.

It'd probably be a good idea to put that in the OP so people will stop asking about it.

Also, for the record, if you see a different color grass, there's a 90% chance it's painted grass- don't get your hopes up. They wouldn't sneak in something like that in such a way, most likely.

Done. :)

I also noticed that water from the third video (the very short one) didn't move ! And if it's a waterfall then from where do they start ? Some start from the air with nothing next to it ! I think it's a new waterfall generator block (and I think that it blocks water, at some part there's water just one the waterfall without half block) ! Interesting...
Someone's thoughts about it ? It really intrigates me. Did someone even notice or I'm just dumb and it's normal ?

You know, everything is possible ! And, I'm sure they're capable of hiding things like that. But just to be sure, if you paint green grass (or whatever grass), the dirt will be painted too right ?

I love the new look, but I hope we can still dupe water. If it isn't then I might not want 1.3. D:
Good work you guys! All I see is improvement.

I asked the beta testers to make some fun builds showing off the new liquid changes. As their builds come to me I will be posting them here. :dryadnaughty:

Black & White's Build:

[spoiler/]

Unrealmegashark's Build:

NEW STATUES!!!!!!!

Yea! there's a bunch of new statues...
Can't tell what they are though.
They're not statues. They're new, less bland textures for the fountains. (If you look closely, you can see the water coming out of them.)[DOUBLEPOST=1414076924][/DOUBLEPOST]
You know, everything is possible ! And, I'm sure they're capable of hiding things like that. But just to be sure, if you paint green grass (or whatever grass), the dirt will be painted too right ?
Depends on the paint. But most of the time the change is so subtle it's almost impossible to notice. And they might've had the foresight to paint the dirt blocks as well.

But as stated in a previous post, the "gray" grass in TheUnrealMegashark's video is very likely Corruption given the coloring and the trees themselves. It just looks gray because of lighting.

(Trust me, if it was Cyber, it'd be plainly obvious.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom