Official Be Water My Friends: 1.3 Liquid Mechanics Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy with the new water stuff. I just wish you'd fix the stupid dupe bug, I mean I know there is apparently a group of people who see some kind of value in it - but it honestly has only ever caused me headaches.

If I recall correctly, Redigit was unable to fix the bug before. It's been stated as fixed a few times in various patch notes. However, it almost looks as though it's intentionally not being looked into further by Cenx's phrasing in the OP.

I'd much rather it was fixed if possible and a liquid duplicator output added. Hell, I'd like a liquid duplicator added regardless, as the bug (or another one?) can occasionally cause liquids to disappear instead of multiply on occasions you want the opposite.

Yeah I see no reason why I should 'get used to it' I don't recall any vote that established "most people" were happy with a bug. Also - would someone who does like the bug please explain why you'd be hostile to the idea of having it fixed? This just seems nonsensical. I don't understand encountering hostility for opposing a bug in a game that causes problems for many people.

I'd much rather it was fixed if possible and a liquid duplicator output added. Hell, I'd like a liquid duplicator added regardless, as the bug (or another one?) can occasionally cause liquids to disappear instead of multiply on occasions you want the opposite.
On the "Official Terraria Wiki" one page claimed that by attaching one inlet pump to multiple outlet pumps you can double the amount of liquid... I tried it back in 1.1.2, and it didn't work, and I was disappointed...:sigh:

It still says this... someone should probably fix that...

Yeah I see no reason why I should 'get used to it' I don't recall any vote that established "most people" were happy with a bug. Also - would someone who does like the bug please explain why you'd be hostile to the idea of having it fixed? This just seems nonsensical. I don't understand encountering hostility for opposing a bug in a game that causes problems for many people.
Liquid duplication has been left alone intentionally: Redigit has stated on multiple occasions that he considers it to be a "feature".
It's a useful feature if you wish to fill a pool, something that happens to be rather popular.
Removing it would make it substantially more difficult to move liquid into a place you desire...

On the "Official Terraria Wiki" one page claimed that by attaching one inlet pump to multiple outlet pumps you can double the amount of liquid... I tried it back in 1.1.2, and it didn't work, and I was disappointed...:sigh:

It still says this... someone should probably fix that...

I remember trying that hoping for quick duplication myself, probably before 1.1. Disappointment was the result.

I have not, however, tried it since multiple wire colors were introduced. I suspect it'd result in failure, though there could be "sweet spots" like the ability of statues to spawn 3 objects at a time... I'd test it if I was on Windows. I'd rather a less glitchy feeling solution, though.

Liquid duplication has been left alone intentionally: Redigit has stated on multiple occasions that he considers it to be a "feature".
It's a useful feature if you wish to fill a pool, something that happens to be rather popular.
Removing it would make it substantially more difficult to move liquid into a place you desire...

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. Whether or not it's been turned into a feature, his attempts to fix it in the past say it really isn't. There's zero reason it should not be fixed if possible since a liquid duplicator output would be relatively easy to make to fill the gap the bug currently fits.

Not only would the result be equal in that regard, but people would be able to have "real" waterfalls if they so desired. Not only could they be wider than the dinky ones available with half-block spaces, but they'd be interactive. Able to swim up them or melt enemies.. All without having to rely on other bugs to act as sump pumps to prevent your world from flooding.

This is great! I know it's more of just a cosmetic look, but it does make it look better and it does look to move a bit smoother than before. Nice work guys!

Not only would the result be equal in that regard, but people would be able to have "real" waterfalls if they so desired. Not only could they be wider than the dinky ones available with half-block spaces, but they'd be interactive. Able to swim up them or melt enemies.. All without having to rely on other bugs to act as sump pumps to prevent your world from flooding.
well, there's always the weird liquid deleting glitch with tombstones. I don't know if it works with lava though

Browsing this thread, you'll find a lot of posts of people concerned at water duping being removed (so much even that Loki had to add a message to the OP), while you were the first that openly opposed to it. Regardless, I don't really see why you would demand empirical data to back up a statement if your own post contains a comparable statement.

"get used to it" was not used provocatively or in a hostile manner. You should interpret it as suggestion, rather than a demand (like this sentence, to circumvent all possible confusion).

Red refuses to fix that bug. No need to worry ;)
Cenx said Red won't be fixing the bug, presumably because he (and apparently many others according to this thread) like it.

The reason @Redigit is eventually moving on to Terraria 2 is because he is limited in the original Terraria. He made this game over 3 years ago, and he wants to start fresh and use what he's learned in that time to make something much better than the original Terraria could ever be.
maybe he could make a update called terraria instead of making a new game (look back on minecraft)

maybe he could make a update called terraria instead of making a new game (look back on minecraft)
If you're suggesting he update the game again, that isn't the point of making a sequel. He's held back because of both the engine and the already established mechanics, from my understanding. He wants to make a new game that works differently and has a better engine capable of even more great stuff. Plus, he needs to make money and new updates to an already finished game won't make as much as a brand new game in a beloved franchise.

The reason @Redigit is eventually moving on to Terraria 2 is because he is limited in the original Terraria. He made this game over 3 years ago, and he wants to start fresh and use what he's learned in that time to make something much better than the original Terraria could ever be.
he can make a game mode call terraria 1 and a game mode call terraria 2 what do you think about that

I wanted to be a little more calculated to show how the water fell. That was the only reason :3

While making the water mill, I did hold M1 all the way to hell to help curb water duplication :p

I assumed so, it's just that explosives are addicting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom