Beating summoner mastermode with for the worthy.

7script

Terrarian
Hi! I've recently been trying to challenge myself with summoner for the worthy (with mastermode for funsies) and I found THIS thread, which originally considered it impossible, but didn't factor in ballista.

I have Ballista, 5 minions (All imps.), I've targeted top eye, my hellbridge spans most of the world (screenshot, the hellbridge starts at my cursor and ends at the short mud path after the grass, the map didn't show the full bridge so I had to do that.) I'm also using full potions. I originally brewed them all normally, but after the attempts started REALLY racking up, I just spawned Red potions and drank a bunch to get most of the buffs.

Even then, my best attempt only got the WoF to 600 health, at which point I almost always die. I consistently get to 2k or below health, and then I tend to die. For reference, the WoF on FTW mastermode has 28000+ health. I am effectively killing two mastermode WoFs attempt. Even with an autoclicker to prevent carpal tunnel, I cannot do it.

I would love to see a recorded run of this. (Obviously using prehardmode equipment with only summon damage.) The guy on the thread said he did it, but I'm honestly not convinced. I've gotten close, so I'm pretty sure it's possible, but it might actually be impossible.

Last edited:
Use beds.

Keep WoF on-screen until 1/6 HP, then bail out with Flamingo.

Target Mouth. Mouth can always be hit.

I'll try WoF on YOUR world and YOUR character if you send it to me. I don't have a pre-WoF world and will not make one.

I'm not sure about that whole thing (pure summoner + master mode + for the worthy), but if you enjoy it, alright.

but an idea is, that the lava conch could help too, I guess. if you're still before the middle of the map. then you can teleport there to get a bit ahead, or, if you get killed by WoF, you can use the conch to teleport back to hell quickly and try to continue the battle. can be argued if cheaty, but I think it is among the possibilities too, you could do.

WoF is a momentum boss. You need to be within melee range of it until it kills you and has 500 HP, then you must suicide into it from your little bed to bring it to 0. Otherwise, lasers will rekt you.

Use beds.

Keep WoF on-screen until 1/6 HP, then bail out with Flamingo.

Target Mouth. Mouth can always be hit.

I'll try WoF on YOUR world and YOUR character if you send it to me. I don't have a pre-WoF world and will not make one.
Flamingo mount is an AMAZING idea, holy :red:. I've checked wiki though, and horses seem to be faster. Is it a better idea to use them instead, or is the 3 second wait not worth it? Thank you. Also, I do have beds. Forgot to add the screenshot sorry. Here's my character file, world and the screenshot. I called it Detroit cause I can't have :red:.

but an idea is, that the lava conch could help too, I guess. if you're still before the middle of the map. then you can teleport there to get a bit ahead, or, if you get killed by WoF, you can use the conch to teleport back to hell quickly and try to continue the battle. can be argued if cheaty, but I think it is among the possibilities too, you could do.
This is also a pretty good idea. Thank you.

your hellbridge is not ideal. ideally you want planter boxes for hellbridge i honestly don't know if i can to it with this hellbridge

EDIT: also too short

your hellbridge is not ideal. ideally you want planter boxes for hellbridge i honestly don't know if i can to it with this hellbridge

EDIT: also too short
I find the problem with planter boxes is that the bottom eye can fire at me, so I really don't like it. Also more hungry.
Should I extend it to either ends of the map?

WoF is about DPS, not tankiness. Not like you need to dodge anyway in the last phase.

You should. I got WoF to very low HP (1000). Then I ran out of bridge space. First try btw.
Hmm. Alright, i'll test it with TEdit or something before I actually do it in-game.

did u dodge with flamingo
Tried dodging with flamingo, but it's really hard, especially with the bottom eye also shooting at me. I think I might just use it for extra speed in the last phases.
If you'd like a copy of the world that has a platform hellbridge, let me know.

Last edited:
You need to have eye on screen before you dodge

but yeah your hellbridge is way too high
Sorry for the necropost (I don't think it's against the rules, I checked.), but let's :red:ING GO! I did it! All it took was extending the hellbridge and replacing it with ice, which I got the idea from some post I saw about doing exactly this post 1.4.1. As well, I used the Spinal Tap combined with Obsidian armour to make it MUCH easier to make the hellbridge that I ultimately only used 7/12ths of. :sigh:As well, this was literally my SECOND attempt coming back to this grind (lol). I guess I can experience the pain of hardmode now! Woo! No more sitting in prehardmode all day.
My final loadout was the following, for any future passersby:

]Full Bee armour (I would've used obsidian if the whip was a BIT longer and meant I wouldn't have to stay so close to the wall.)
Menacing Pygmy Necklace
Warding Magnet Flower
Menacing Shield of Cthulu
Menacing Green horseshoe Balloon (funy fart xd)
Menacing Frog gear (Just for the mobility, now I kind of badly need Climbing claws)
Violent Terraspark Boots (Yes, I was stuck in prehardmode for so long I got terrasparks. I wish they'd been menacing but they're INCREDIBLY expensive to reforge, so I just kept them violent.)
Sluggish Spinal Tap (Apparently slower whips have more range!)
Mystic Ballista Rod
Mythical Imp Staff

Buffs:
Summoner potion (Duh)
Seafood dinner (Cheapest Exquisite buff from my knowledge)
Inferno, LifeForce, Ironskin, Mana regen, (kinda pointless looking back on it) Swiftness, (Weirdly, I tested it and it didn't seem to change my speed at all. Maybe Ice + Ice skates (terraspark boots) Invalidates it?) Wrath, HeartReach, Regeneration, Hunter, (This one was also kinda pointless) and Endurance.
As well, I used the Bewitching table and WOULD'VE used the slice of cake, had the first party my world had seen not come MIDWAY through the final WoF Fight.
I THINK that's everything.
See y'all!

Sorry for the necropost (I don't think it's against the rules, I checked.), but let's :red:ING GO! I did it! All it took was extending the hellbridge and replacing it with ice, which I got the idea from some post I saw about doing exactly this post 1.4.1. As well, I used the Spinal Tap combined with Obsidian armour to make it MUCH easier to make the hellbridge that I ultimately only used 7/12ths of. :sigh:As well, this was literally my SECOND attempt coming back to this grind (lol). I guess I can experience the pain of hardmode now! Woo! No more sitting in prehardmode all day.
My final loadout was the following, for any future passersby:

]Full Bee armour (I would've used obsidian if the whip was a BIT longer and meant I wouldn't have to stay so close to the wall.)
Menacing Pygmy Necklace
Warding Magnet Flower
Menacing Shield of Cthulu
Menacing Green horseshoe Balloon (funy fart xd)
Menacing Frog gear (Just for the mobility, now I kind of badly need Climbing claws)
Violent Terraspark Boots (Yes, I was stuck in prehardmode for so long I got terrasparks. I wish they'd been menacing but they're INCREDIBLY expensive to reforge, so I just kept them violent.)
Sluggish Spinal Tap (Apparently slower whips have more range!)
Mystic Ballista Rod
Mythical Imp Staff

Buffs:
Summoner potion (Duh)
Seafood dinner (Cheapest Exquisite buff from my knowledge)
Inferno, LifeForce, Ironskin, Mana regen, (kinda pointless looking back on it) Swiftness, (Weirdly, I tested it and it didn't seem to change my speed at all. Maybe Ice + Ice skates (terraspark boots) Invalidates it?) Wrath, HeartReach, Regeneration, Hunter, (This one was also kinda pointless) and Endurance.
As well, I used the Bewitching table and WOULD'VE used the slice of cake, had the first party my world had seen not come MIDWAY through the final WoF Fight.
I THINK that's everything.
See y'all!
Damnit, I was right! I forgot to say I made little healing spots to make any damage recieved quickly nullified. They look like this. The slope is so that you can hold down when running through them to get the honey without having to take your boots off.
Sorry for the horridly crusty image quality BTW, Steam is bad with screenshots.
1611202732142.png

Oh, and here's the updated world file. Be warned, it's in hardmode now. It also has leftover spawned in FTW potions from when I was grinding attempts on this so often that using a potion loadout would've made me go even more insane.

Attachments

• Detroit.wld
    10.2 MB · Views: 81
the real question is if you can beat hardcore master mode for the worthy summoner?
just do the same thing, but don't die

you can literally use NPC marching to disable spawns

the only diff. is queen slime, which is absolute BS (EDIT: just farm a Blessed Apple or a Goat + either Cool Whip or Firecracker, then she becomes EZPZ)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom