Items Beehive Sentry

Aceplante

Official Terrarian
This would be a placeable sentry that rapidly summons bees in groups of 3(?) at a time every 1.5 seconds(?)

For some reason, even though regular bees do 20 damage to the player, the bee gun does 9 and the honey comb does 13-18, so something like 15(?) would be good for this.

And perhaps a placeable wasp sentry as a hardmode upgrade too?

Support! There aren't many sentries in pre-hardmode, so variety is always welcome. Heck, there aren't many sentries at all, so a hardmode upgrade would be nice to see too!

For the crafting recipe, I think something similar to the Hornet Staff (12 Bee Wax) would work. For the upgrade, you could use Chlorophyte to upgrade it, making it obtained around Plantera.

I had this idea as well and would love to see it in the game!
I agree it would make sense grouped in with the queen bee crafts, as it would also be buffed by the hive pack, and would pair nicely with the hornet staff and bee armor

Being a rapidly hitting sentry that also tracks enemies, I reckon this is quite strong when paired with whip tag.

A wasp nest sentry does sound like a silly but interesting idea. I always thought that the hive pack buffing the wasp gun made sense but was also really weird, since the hive pack has no relevance in hardmode aside from that.

This would be a placeable sentry that rapidly summons bees in groups of 3(?) at a time every 1.5 seconds(?)

For some reason, even though regular bees do 20 damage to the player, the bee gun does 9 and the honey comb does 13-18, so something like 15(?) would be good for this.

And perhaps a placeable wasp sentry as a hardmode upgrade too?
Sir, that is brilliant.

Had a similar idea in the past (can’t remember if I actually posted it here or not lol):
  • Crafted with 21 Bee Wax
  • Spawns bees to attack nearby enemies
  • Keeps a small cluster of bees active at all times when no enemies are around
  • Bees can inflict poison and confusion
  • Bees are boosted by Hive Pack
The thing I couldn’t decide on was whether the sentry should look like an organic bee hive or a beekeeping box hive.

Had a similar idea in the past (can’t remember if I actually posted it here or not lol):
  • Crafted with 21 Bee Wax
  • Spawns bees to attack nearby enemies
  • Keeps a small cluster of bees active at all times when no enemies are around
  • Bees can inflict poison and confusion
  • Bees are boosted by Hive Pack
The thing I couldn’t decide on was whether the sentry should look like an organic bee hive or a beekeeping box hive.
I dont know about the poison/confusion part, but the rest is about what I was thinking, yes. As for design, I think a natural beehive would look better

Back
Top Bottom