Weapons & Equip Beetle Tools and Weaponry - Giving Beetle Husks some love

could we use this as an entire general equipment set?

Mage armor set bonus: Dealing damage to an enemy creates a shield that decreases the damage of the next hit the player recieves by an amount determined by the buff (1, 10%, 2, 25%, 3, 45%)

Ranger: Attacks have a chance to spawn beetles that pursue enemies and deal constant damage

Summoner: Beetle minions provide a small amount of the damage they do as health for the summoner.
why not?

could we use this as an entire general equipment set?

Mage armor set bonus: Dealing damage to an enemy creates a shield that decreases the damage of the next hit the player recieves by an amount determined by the buff (1, 10%, 2, 25%, 3, 45%)

Ranger: Attacks have a chance to spawn beetles that pursue enemies and deal constant damage

Summoner: Beetle minions provide a small amount of the damage they do as health for the summoner.
Well, I don't know if 1.3 changed anything about that, but up until now, Beetle was a purley melee set and made from turtle armor, so I don't think this would be the way to go.

What do you mean? Ranged has Shroomite, Magic has Spectre, and Summoner has both Tiki and Spooky.

spooky is a pretty poor set if you ask me. Warrior has an additional late-game tier compared to the other classes. Originally, the final tier was Spectre, Shroomite, and Turtle. There should be another tier to build from the others.

Turtle is mid-Hardmode and can be obtained as soon as the Mechanical bosses have been defeated, unlike Beetle, Shroomite, and Spectre. At the moment, all classes have a post-Plantera set (two in the case of summoner) and a endgame set.

Adding more post-Plantera armor sets would only worsen class balance. If you want something to improve it, you would need to suggest post-Mech pre-Plantera armor sets for Ranged, Magic, and maybe Summoner.

This suggestion is awesome. I always found the lizahrd temple was a little lacking in terms of loot. Besides the picksaw and sun stone if you want to make a celestial stone, none of the items are that helpful in progression, so adding some nice weapons seems pretty cool. The only problem I can see is that this makes all golem-tier melee weapons outdated, so the golem fist and possessed hatchet might as well be removed, or maybe nerfed and added into the pre-hardmode lizahrd temple with the toahd idea you had. (Pre-hardmode lizahrd temple anyone?) Maybe the temple key should last forever and be used to open hardmode lizahrd chests like how the shadow key can open shadow chests, and then pre-hardmode lizahrd chests would contain the nerfed hatchet and fist.
no no no no no!!!! we cant nerf my favorite boomerang! Im working way to hard to get it to legendary to have it be nerfed! I like the idea of the power tools, those should be added without major repercussions, and maybe add the breaker and the spear thing . that would be enough. the boomerang isn't necessary, and neither are the staff or the broadsword. just please don't ruin my precious hatchet!

This isn't a bad idea, after farming Golem, you are kinda left with a junkload of beetle husks you really aren't going to use all that much. An alternative use for these is an order if you ask me. The Scarab Chackram(er whatever) is especially a cool weapon. Maybe a summoner weapon would be cool too.

This isn't a bad idea, after farming Golem, you are kinda left with a junkload of beetle husks you really aren't going to use all that much. An alternative use for these is an order if you ask me. The Scarab Chackram(er whatever) is especially a cool weapon. Maybe a summoner weapon would be cool too.
I don't think the chakram is necessary, and neither is the staff. you can already acquire a summoning weapon and a boomerang directly from the golem

This would make a nice addition to the post planters arsenal, however saying that the beetle husk has the least amount of items associated with it would not exactly be true as shroomite and specter don’t really have many tools/weapons.

Back
Top Bottom