Beginner Modding question - View mod source code of downloaded mods

Candiescence

Terrarian
Good afternoon, Friends with the Terraria modding community!
Sorry for this dumb question, but how do I view a mods source code?
I'm the type of person that learns by example. I figure a great starting project for myself would be making an addition to the "Infinity" mod by "Lolkat", and add the consumables (potions, ammo, etc) for various mods I'm playing with (such as Elements Awoken). Once I've gotten most of it up and running, I can send it over to be added to the official mod.

I appreciate the help, and I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Mods can choose to include their source code in the compiled .tmod file. You can then open them up in TModLoader in the "Mods" menu, and click on "Extract". The full source code can then be found at "Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Reader".
However, it would seem Infinity does not include any source code, so all you'll get from this is a bunch of sprites. What you'll also get, is a .dll containing all of the code from the mod at "Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\references\mods". To get an approximation of what the source code could look like, you can use a decompiler, such as 0xd4d/dnSpy.
But, since you are planning to contribute to the mod, it would probably be best if you just asked @Lolkat for the source. I'm sure they'd be delighted to help you. You might have more luck finding them on discord though, it appears @Lolkat hasn't been around here since last year.

Mods can choose to include their source code in the compiled .tmod file. You can then open them up in TModLoader in the "Mods" menu, and click on "Extract". The full source code can then be found at "Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Reader".
However, it would seem Infinity does not include any source code, so all you'll get from this is a bunch of sprites. What you'll also get, is a .dll containing all of the code from the mod at "Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\references\mods". To get an approximation of what the source code could look like, you can use a decompiler, such as 0xd4d/dnSpy.
But, since you are planning to contribute to the mod, it would probably be best if you just asked @Lolkat for the source. I'm sure they'd be delighted to help you. You might have more luck finding them on discord though, it appears @Lolkat hasn't been around here since last year.
Thank you so much DRKV! I'll try reaching out to them and see if they can send me either the source, OR just an example of 1 of each (a potion, arrow, bullet, and thrown object).
I Really appreciate all of your advice

Back
Top Bottom