tModLoader Begone, Evil! (Disable Corruption Spread)

The Hero's mod integration has stopped working for me recently: clicking on Extension Tools sub-menu shows no icons at all (but Hero's minimisation arrow also disappears - as if there is supposed to be begone evil's icon with the minimise arrow but since there is no arrow the minimise also not present)
01.png

02.png

The Hero's mod integration has stopped working for me recently: clicking on Extension Tools sub-menu shows no icons at all (but Hero's minimisation arrow also disappears - as if there is supposed to be begone evil's icon with the minimise arrow but since there is no arrow the minimise also not present)
try setting the zoom settings to 100%, this mod has issues with that.

Date Jan 23rd , 2022 :

Encountering Crimson Spread in Areas while Trying to Purge Pre-hardmode Crimson from one half of World.

Other Mods Enabled are Calamity Mod , and that's It.

Would Like to know if this is a Bug because I'm Worried the Mod just isn't working at all.

Date Jan 23rd , 2022 :

Encountering Crimson Spread in Areas while Trying to Purge Pre-hardmode Crimson from one half of World.

Other Mods Enabled are Calamity Mod , and that's It.

Would Like to know if this is a Bug because I'm Worried the Mod just isn't working at all.
for 1.3 it should work fine, 1.4 is also recently fixed. Any modded spreading can't be prevented, and wall spreading isn't either since that's just cosmetic and limited to a specific range from the infected tiles. There is a possibility mods you have enabled add their own spreading, I'm not sure which mods do that.

for 1.3 it should work fine, 1.4 is also recently fixed. Any modded spreading can't be prevented, and wall spreading isn't either since that's just cosmetic and limited to a specific range from the infected tiles. There is a possibility mods you have enabled add their own spreading, I'm not sure which mods do that.
The Only Mod I have That's Doing anything with Worldgen / Corruption is Calamity Mod.

I'm not sure if that modifies corruption spread or not .

does the mod break in multiplayer? I have the mod installed on 1.4 tmodloader and i notice the spread is still on. I have other mods installed, but the only one i would see interupting the world gen would be calamity. the other mods i have are all mods that affect npcs, quality of life, and multiplayer mods like better multiplayer and team spectate.

I'm having an issue.
I subscribed to the mod, but after unsubscribing and deleting it keeps redownloading and enabling itself.
I've removed all instances of the game, tmod, and the mod that I can find but it keeps coming back. Is there a way to fix this?

Looks like the mod is broken? i've been playing for some time now with calamity mod, and for around 8 hours the world was fine , the hallow and the crimson + corruption in the world weren't spreading, but looks like some time after astral infection has commenced the other evils started spreading too.
The weridest thing here is that it was totally fine for ~6hrs

Edit: false alarm , looks like it enabled spread on itself

Last edited:
Getting this error message when trying to enable on 1.4.4 EDIT: turns out i was stuck on an old version and not getting updates. deleting and redownloading fixed

[13:53:39.486] [.NET ThreadPool Worker/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading DisableCorruptionSpread v1.2.1
It has been detected that this mod was built for tModLoader v0.12
However, you are using tModLoader v2023.6.25.31
The mod will need to be updated to match the current tModLoader version, or may be incompatible with the version of some of your other mods. Click the 'Open Web Help' button to learn more.
The mod(s) have been automatically disabled.
Terraria.ModLoader.Exceptions.JITException:
In DisableCorruptionSpread.DisableCorruptionSpreadModWorld.Load, Could not load type 'IL.Terraria.WorldGen' from assembly 'TerrariaHooks, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.JITAssemblies(IEnumerable`1 assemblies, PreJITFilter filter) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\Core\AssemblyManager.cs:line 398
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.JITMod(Mod mod) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\Core\AssemblyManager.cs:line 355
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__42_0(Mod mod) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\ModContent.cs:line 278
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\ModContent.cs:line 368
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\ModContent.cs:line 277
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\ModLoader.cs:line 127
Top of spoiler

Last edited:
Am I a coward for loving this mod? I'm (finally) getting into Terraria and am using this. Can't say I want to experience the evil biome spread stuff (sound just annoying and a chore to fix/prevent). In any case thank you for making this. 🙏🏻

Back
Top Bottom