tModLoader Begone, Evil! (Disable Corruption Spread)

Thank you so much for this mod, I can play Terreria without stressing now! One small problem, though- corruption still spreads on underground desert walls. Is it possible to fix this?

Thank you so much for this mod, I can play Terreria without stressing now! One small problem, though- corruption still spreads on underground desert walls. Is it possible to fix this?
I'll fix it eventually, but I'm pretty sure it only spreads to the walls and can't spread back to the tiles, which is most important

I'm confused, when somebody asked if the V formation still happened, and it does, does that mean that the corruption generated from that V formation will still spread? Or does it only place that corruption and the mod prevents it from spreading? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Yeah, and Crimson in case anyone wonders.

I might have missed something, but I left my computer running and confirmed that the toggle works, so I'm pretty sure it is working. If anyone notices anything not working I can look into it.
Though hallowed is still spreading for my friend and I in our world, to ice specifically, idk about anything else, it's also in multiplayer

I can't seem to get the button to appear in hero's mod. The extensions button is there but it doesn't do anything. I'm in the admin group. I tried making another account with the button specified as a permission explicit but it still doesn't show up. I try to use /spread but that just displays a message saying to use the heros mod button. Anyone else have this issue?
I'm running the server in a linux docker so I don't have access to the console either. Anyone know a way I can activate this mod?

Edit: I figured it out. Thanks for the mod. I had to reset the UI zoom to 100%. I guess the button just wasn't zooming with the rest of the mod and was offscreen

Last edited:
Is this mod incompatible with other mods? I have Calamity+Thorium and since I entered hardmode the corruption spreads again. toggling /spread still works but if it's on of off it still spreads.

Hello! I'm new here. First off, thanks for making this mod.

However, I can't get it to work, and was hoping for some clarification/guidance. This thread says: "By default, corruption will be disabled just by enabling this mod"

1) How do I "enable" this mod? I am guessing by that you mean successfully downloading/installing it?

2) If the mod is succesfully "enabled" how will I tell? (I am guessing that tmodloaders in-game Mods List will show it with a green "enabled" text, right?)

3) After this mod is “enabled” does it disable further corruption on worlds which have already been made and played in for several hours?

4) Or, do I need to “enable” the mod and start a brand new world?

However, I can't get Begone Evil to work at all. Here is everything I have tried so far:

I downloaded Tmodloader, then Begone Evil (downloaded Beone Evil from the link on page 1 of this thread, not the in-game mod browser), then Hero’s Mod from tomodloadrs in-game mod browser. I booted up a Terraria character and world, opened the Hero’s Mod toolbar, and clicked the Extension Tools, and it says I have no mods loaded that add extensions. In addition, BegoneEvil does not show up in my mods from Tmodloader's in-game mods list.

So, I used tmodloaders in-game mod browser to find BegoneEvil, and clicked the “download” button. The progress bar goes to full, but nothing happens. I just have to click cancel eventually after sitting there for hours.

So, I then open the folder on my computer containing mods, and double click on DisableCorruptionSpread.tmod, thinking maybe that will do something? I don’t know, just trying anything now… A little black window pops up, says:

Attempting to install C:\Users\fjordo\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods\DisableCorruptionSpread.tmod
Access to the path 'C:\Users\Jordan B\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods\DisableCorruptionSpread.tmod' is denied. (see server.log for full trace)
DisableCorruptionSpread enabled
Press any key to exit...

From in game mods list, it only says “Hero’s Mod”. I clicked “reload mods” and Begone Evil did not show up.

I rebooted my computer, and nothing changed.

I started a new char/world in Terraria, and typed “/spread” in chat, nothing happened. I get no indication that BegoneEvil is there or not.

Can anyone please answer my questions and explain where I am going wrong? Thanks

Hello! I'm new here. First off, thanks for making this mod.

However, I can't get it to work, and was hoping for some clarification/guidance. This thread says: "By default, corruption will be disabled just by enabling this mod"

1) How do I "enable" this mod? I am guessing by that you mean successfully downloading/installing it?

2) If the mod is succesfully "enabled" how will I tell? (I am guessing that tmodloaders in-game Mods List will show it with a green "enabled" text, right?)

3) After this mod is “enabled” does it disable further corruption on worlds which have already been made and played in for several hours?

4) Or, do I need to “enable” the mod and start a brand new world?

However, I can't get Begone Evil to work at all. Here is everything I have tried so far:

I downloaded Tmodloader, then Begone Evil (downloaded Beone Evil from the link on page 1 of this thread, not the in-game mod browser), then Hero’s Mod from tomodloadrs in-game mod browser. I booted up a Terraria character and world, opened the Hero’s Mod toolbar, and clicked the Extension Tools, and it says I have no mods loaded that add extensions. In addition, BegoneEvil does not show up in my mods from Tmodloader's in-game mods list.

So, I used tmodloaders in-game mod browser to find BegoneEvil, and clicked the “download” button. The progress bar goes to full, but nothing happens. I just have to click cancel eventually after sitting there for hours.

So, I then open the folder on my computer containing mods, and double click on DisableCorruptionSpread.tmod, thinking maybe that will do something? I don’t know, just trying anything now… A little black window pops up, says:

Attempting to install C:\Users\fjordo\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods\DisableCorruptionSpread.tmod
Access to the path 'C:\Users\Jordan B\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods\DisableCorruptionSpread.tmod' is denied. (see server.log for full trace)
DisableCorruptionSpread enabled
Press any key to exit...

From in game mods list, it only says “Hero’s Mod”. I clicked “reload mods” and Begone Evil did not show up.

I rebooted my computer, and nothing changed.

I started a new char/world in Terraria, and typed “/spread” in chat, nothing happened. I get no indication that BegoneEvil is there or not.

Can anyone please answer my questions and explain where I am going wrong? Thanks
It might just be easiest to come to the tmod or my discord chats. It seems like you did everything right, but somehow you are having issues. From what it seems like, it seems like the file is still open somehow.

I just tested, and it works fine on tModLoader 0.11.6.2, herosmod 0.3.1, and v1.0.1 of this mod.

1. yes
2. yes
3. no, it prevents the spreading, not things in the past
4. If you just want to stripes of corruption and not any more, you would need to enable this mod at least by the time you start hardmode.

C:\Users\Jordan B\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs\client.log will tell me all I need to know to fix your issue, if you can find that and post it. It'll need to be a log where you enabled both mods and tried to load them in-game. If I were you, I'd restart my computer and delete the existing DisableCorruptionSpread.tmod in the Mods folder, then download it from the mod browser, just to be sure.

I've finally got around to fixing the grass issue, as well as the demon altar issue:

v1.1
  • Fix evil grass spreading
  • Prevent Demon Altar from spawning random tile of evil in the world

Does this mod stop the spread of seeds? i.e. like if i planted hallowed seeds on a corruption patch.
You can place the seed, and it'll place 1 tile of grass, but yes, the natural spreading of hallow/corruption/crimson grass would be disabled.

Back
Top Bottom