tModLoader Begone, Evil! (Disable Corruption Spread)

A beautiful mod. Somehow I've never really had an issue with spread; I tend to work far faster than it can spread, even in early Hardmode, and I keep imagining that any dangerous spread looks like a conversion of one tile per second. Maybe I'm just doped up on coffee. Heh.

So, odd question...

Is it possible to separate the spread of the Hallow from the spread of Evil? I.e. if someone DID want the Hallow to spread but Evil to not spread, that isn't technologically possible to separate them with this mod so that's possible? I'll bet it's the same mechanic that's being disabled rather than individual tiles, I dunno.

A beautiful mod. Somehow I've never really had an issue with spread; I tend to work far faster than it can spread, even in early Hardmode, and I keep imagining that any dangerous spread looks like a conversion of one tile per second. Maybe I'm just doped up on coffee. Heh.

So, odd question...

Is it possible to separate the spread of the Hallow from the spread of Evil? I.e. if someone DID want the Hallow to spread but Evil to not spread, that isn't technologically possible to separate them with this mod so that's possible? I'll bet it's the same mechanic that's being disabled rather than individual tiles, I dunno.
That could be possible, but as I was putting together this update I figured that might be more effort than it was worth

I would happily agree that it's more effort than it's worth too, to be honest. It's not like the Hallow is worse than the Evil. You can build in Hallow. You can pet the Unicorns while they try to repeatedly ram into you. Who doesn't like the Hallow? :p

Thank you for the response. ^-^

Hi, thanks for the mod. Does this mod work for worlds that I have already created or do I need to start a new world with the mod for it to work?

Although I've never had a problem with this, I've always hated the evil (is the hallow evil?) biomes. I'd totally use this though.

Although I've never had a problem with this, I've always hated the evil (is the hallow evil?) biomes. I'd totally use this though.
hallow is evil

Hi, thanks for the mod. Does this mod work for worlds that I have already created or do I need to start a new world with the mod for it to work?
You do not need to start a new world, it will work if you enable it midway.

SMfbBo9.png

Begone, Evil! (Disable Corruption Spread)
Latest Download:
Mod Browser (in-game) - Direct link - Alt download link

Open to collaboration on GitHub
Discord:

This mod allows corruption spread to be toggled. By default, corruption spread will be disabled just by enabling this mod.

The setting is saved per world.

If you'd like to re-enable corruption spreading, you can use the Hero's Mod integration or a chat command to toggle the effect.

With Hero's Mod enabled, the "Toggle Corruption Spread" permission allows you to use the Toggle Corruption Spread button in the Extension Tools sub-menu.

In Chat or the Server console, the "/spread" command will toggle the effect. (just "spread" in the server console)

I'm pretty sure it works. If you are on Linux or Mac, let me know if you see "DisableCorruptionSpread patch success." in the Logs.txt.

Hero's Mod Integration
wgxgCGh.png

Toggle Corruption Spread on the Server Console.
MgPj87A.png

Issues:
  • Reports of items duplicating in chests have come in, not confirmed as a bug yet.
Changelog:

v1.1
  • Fix evil grass spreading
  • Prevent Demon Altar from spawning random tile of evil in the world
v1.0.1
  • icon
v1.0
  • Initial Release.

DisableCorruptionSpread.png
When I use this mod, corruption walls still spread.

Hey, great mod! I heard there were some issues with multiplayer, is that still the case? Also, I'm mainly looking to just disable alters from placing their random block of evil after you destroy them. If I turn the mod on just while breaking alters, it would stop the random blocks right?

Hey, great mod! I heard there were some issues with multiplayer, is that still the case? Also, I'm mainly looking to just disable alters from placing their random block of evil after you destroy them. If I turn the mod on just while breaking alters, it would stop the random blocks right?
Yeah, should work fine. I'm not aware of any MP issues.

Is there a way to make it so the corruption doesn't spread when you're off the world? I've been waking up every day to see that it has spread more and more.

This mod disable the spread of evil in a map that is already created and played, or only work on maps these are new?

If not work, doesn't really matter, this mod already helps a lot! Thank you!

this mod should do that. the game doesn't update when you aren't in the world.

I'm wondering if he maybe has a server up? Does the game clock in those run even if no one is logged into them?

This mod disable the spread of evil in a map that is already created and played, or only work on maps these are new?

If not work, doesn't really matter, this mod already helps a lot! Thank you!

It absolutely should work on any world. I usually disable most of my mods when creating a world with TerraCustom, and - unless it's a mod that actually generates something on world creation - any mod should work if later enabled.

Back
Top Bottom