Game Mechanics Being able to buy bait

Should buying bait be possible?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No, you're just lazy.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I am more interested in fact that he could sell items.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Icy Motto

Plantera
One of my good lads that streams Terraria (Prestanton), recently had the idea of buying bait. I was like that's actually not even a bad idea, so I told him I'd direct his suggestion to the forums and here I am. I know what some of you are thinking, "B-but Icy, don't be lazy and just go get it yourself!" No. I want there to be a way to get bait without having to do quests to get good bait or craft it. Just like you can get ammo by buying it instead of getting it yourself. Of course! IF this does get implemented, the bait will not be super good, but decent enough for fishing.

So, in short, the Angler will now have the ability to sell bait to the player.

If you think that's not good enough because he would only sell bait, then he can also probably sell you special NEW items for later on with the upcoming patch. New items that can be used to craft with something else either for early gameplay or hardmode gameplay just like other NPC exclusive items. Example- Combining a NEW item (another suggestion) the Bottomless Lava bucket and Honey bucket, both in which he sells only after defeating Duke Fishron for a hefty 2 platinum each, can be combined with the quest item, Bottomless Water bucket to create the Infinite Liquid Dispenser. SEE, not bad. You devs can think of some other items for sell.

Thank you for your time.

You already get obscene amounts of bait from crates and breaking rock, I really don't think there's a need for even more ways of obtaining it.

You already get obscene amounts of bait from crates and breaking rock, I really don't think there's a need for even more ways of obtaining it.

Yes, I know, but the whole point of the suggestion is to eliminate that need. That's why I said it's for us lazy people who don't want to go through all that fishing.

It could be nice but, most insects could be easy to find sometimes and hard to find it really depends on what you see, cause if youre in a biome with barely any insects like a snow biome and a biome with insects isnt till far away then yeah its useful. But then again you have to travel some to find water to fish in so im not sure but it would be nice to buy insects incase you are going to fish big time and you dont wanna waste time grabbing a big amount of insects to get a big haul, I approve.

I want to fish, just not go through getting bait by spending an extra hour when I can just buy it.
But you get so much bait just from fishing that you'll never need to buy bait in the first place. Any "hour" you spent fishing and getting bait is time you wanted to spend regardless.

But you get so much bait just from fishing that you'll never need to buy bait in the first place. Any "hour" you spent fishing and getting bait is time you wanted to spend regardless.
Do you oppose the merchant selling torches because you can get them in like 3 other easy ways?

Back
Top Bottom