tAPI berberborscing's Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... after 20 fights with the slime king (got mod that adds npc that sells slime crowns)
I can conclude the Spare Slime and Slimeball are very very rare and not uncommon

Then the Slimeball is very very rare
Let me give you a sense of scale on the 'rarity' ladder of Terraria
The Enchanted Sword, in the Hallow is 'Uncommon', so is the Mimic.
The Lost Girl, is classified as 'Rare', with a spawning rate of 0.5%
And then the Rune Wizard, who, with a spawning rate of 0.125%, is classified as 'Very Rare'

Basically, if you can get something within defeating the boss 50 times, it can be classified as 'common'.

Is there any way for somebody to suddenly get 120 extra defence, then lose it randomly.
Cuz that just happened with me...

Attachments

• ThisLetMeBeatTheTwins.png
    ThisLetMeBeatTheTwins.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 221
can you remove the shields? or make a version without them? although i do like the shields, i already have a mod that adds shields, and im not quite sure which one adds it and i dont want their being 2 sets of copper shields in my game, so... yeah.

can you remove the shields? or make a version without them? although i do like the shields, i already have a mod that adds shields, and im not quite sure which one adds it and i dont want their being 2 sets of copper shields in my game, so... yeah.
What's so bad about removing shields?

Yes, it does fell unrealistic, but the more shields the more defence!

Which can be quite helpful! :happy:

Hmm i should ask modders to make custom mods for me too then :D It`s nice to see stuff like that to be done, honestly, but i was thinking of many more people would do it. He could just take the better lets say copper shield and just disregard the other one.

Edit: Neojins receipe book helps with the receipes from the different mods:)

Hmm i should ask modders to make custom mods for me too then :D It`s nice to see stuff like that to be done, honestly, but i was thinking of many more people would do it. He could just take the better lets say copper shield and just disregard the other one.
It's quite easy to do it yourself with tAPI mods.
Rename the .tAPI file to .zip
Delete the files you don't want.
Use the modpack builder to rebuild the mod
Profit.

Hey, been watching the mod for awhile and finally had a chance to download it/play it for the first time. Seems to me the Angel's code is a bit wonky. They keep spawning in my houses ;-; I just want a merchant... The Devil seems to be working fine. I might go and tinker with it for some lawls just to see how it looks and if I fix it I'll let you know the exact issue.

Thanks for making this mod along with your friend; really enjoy everything else it has to offer ^-^

Well; There was only a few differences that I can find, one is the position exception code which is a fairly obvious difference which allows the Angel to turn into a rabbit and what not... It seemed to me like when it turns into a rabbit the class of NPC changes- which means another can spawn in. At least it seemed that way; but I had 4-5 angels and can log back in and they'll still be there; I'm not sure about it. I checked out all the code it seems solid. I can't really find what is causing it; perhaps another mod. I wouldn't know why it's only effecting Angel Spawning but I really don't know what to say.
I checked both the Json and CS file through Notepad ++ side by side. There were no differences other than the beserk and the rabbit transformation codes (As well as width and male/female = true/false). The only true "difference" as far as them being shop NPC's was the Angel using just index++ reference while the Demon's prices were set automatically and had index++. Doubt that's the issue either since it is the shop.

So frustrating..

If it helps any; the NPC's stop "existing" on the list. Like I can't reassign them to housing. They just decide where they want to live and I can cancel them out of the house but they'll take it over eventually.. xD certainly more detrimental than the demon! Cursee the angels.. xDD

Yeah due to the fact the bunny is the one spawning in; I believe when the Angel becomes an "Angel" the bunny reads that as there not being a bunny anymore. I think there needs to be an exception class of some sort or if statement to say: if npc angel exists, the bunny doesn't spawn or something along those lines.

Last edited:
Hey, been watching the mod for awhile and finally had a chance to download it/play it for the first time. Seems to me the Angel's code is a bit wonky. They keep spawning in my houses ;-; I just want a merchant... The Devil seems to be working fine. I might go and tinker with it for some lawls just to see how it looks and if I fix it I'll let you know the exact issue.

Thanks for making this mod along with your friend; really enjoy everything else it has to offer ^-^

Well; There was only a few differences that I can find, one is the position exception code which is a fairly obvious difference which allows the Angel to turn into a rabbit and what not... It seemed to me like when it turns into a rabbit the class of NPC changes- which means another can spawn in. At least it seemed that way; but I had 4-5 angels and can log back in and they'll still be there; I'm not sure about it. I checked out all the code it seems solid. I can't really find what is causing it; perhaps another mod. I wouldn't know why it's only effecting Angel Spawning but I really don't know what to say.
I checked both the Json and CS file through Notepad ++ side by side. There were no differences other than the beserk and the rabbit transformation codes (As well as width and male/female = true/false). The only true "difference" as far as them being shop NPC's was the Angel using just index++ reference while the Demon's prices were set automatically and had index++. Doubt that's the issue either since it is the shop.

So frustrating..

If it helps any; the NPC's stop "existing" on the list. Like I can't reassign them to housing. They just decide where they want to live and I can cancel them out of the house but they'll take it over eventually.. xD certainly more detrimental than the demon! Cursee the angels.. xDD

Yeah due to the fact the bunny is the one spawning in; I believe when the Angel becomes an "Angel" the bunny reads that as there not being a bunny anymore. I think there needs to be an exception class of some sort or if statement to say: if npc angel exists, the bunny doesn't spawn or something along those lines.
hey...pssst....check out the comic in my link..you wont be disappointed...shameless advertising is fun kids! :D...also great work analyzing the code..i don't know what most of it means but hopefully this gets keiri working as she should and not being a virus :p

hey...pssst....check out the comic in my link..you wont be disappointed...shameless advertising is fun kids! :D...also great work analyzing the code..i don't know what most of it means but hopefully this gets keiri working as she should and not being a virus :p

Reading it now; also yeah..the angel really does seem like a virus at the moment. She's taking up all my vacant homes xD

I tried to just take her out, or change the spawning requirements but when I unpack and repack it. The system has some problem with finding a gore file and it loses over 200kb's of data in the conversion/build through Tapi. Not really sure how to explain it. The compression is better or something but it causes errors.

In any case I hope it helps xD I sent a convo to Berberborscing. Hopefully it will resolve the issue. No idea otherwise though ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom