Best cursor colour?

Demon Master

Eye of Cthulhu
With the 1.3 update, there are lots of different colours in the game, especially during celestial events. I have tried various cursor colours, but I always seem to lose track of it while playing, which sometimes distracts me from boss fights because I'm spending a good few seconds trying to find the cursor. What do you think is the best colour? One that isn't easy to lose track of? So far I havn't found anything that works well.

Neon Green is the most visible color to the human eye, red is second.
I would try one of these colors.
Neon green.
Bright red.
Pink.

I go with pink, now there's another way to make your mouse visible too.
Go to your Documents/My Games/Terraria/ and there should be a file titled "config.json"
Open it with Notepad and try and find the line that says "ThickMouseEdges": false,"
Edit this line so it says "ThickMouseEdges": true,".
This gives your mouse a thick white outline which makes it MUCH easier to see.
Hope this helps!

Go to your Documents/My Games/Terraria/ and there should be a file titled "config.json"
Open it with Notepad and try and find the line that says "ThickMouseEdges": false,"
Hope this helps!

*Just silently weeps and hugs you in appreciation.*

Somewhere inbetween pink and blue exists a color. That color has spooky wavelengths that reach the eye differently.

Holy crap this is useful! I didn't even know you could change the cursor stuff! Thank you!

Neon green.
Bright red.
Pink.

Hope this helps!

I thought Yellow was the most visible colour to the human eye?

pink is what i use EXCEPT in the battle with Plantera i kept losing my cursor (But I creamed him anyway!)

On top of a thick outline, I think the cursor should be able to change colour depending on the environment.

Green may be bright to the human eye, but a large part of this game is a hue of green (Purity, Jungle).

Do not know if it is what you want/need, but it is possible to generate a nice outline around the curser.

Do the following:
1. close the game
2. go in your personal documents on your pc -> "My Games" file -> "Terraria" file -> open the config.json with an editor (e.g. Notepad++)
[C:\Users\User1\My Games\Terraria\config.json]
3. change "ThickMouseEdges": false, to "ThickMouseEdges": true,
4. save and start the game

another thread to this topic

Do not know if it is what you want/need, but it is possible to generate a nice outline around the curser.

Do the following:
1. close the game
2. go in your personal documents on your pc -> "My Games" file -> "Terraria" file -> open the config.json with an editor (e.g. Notepad++)
[C:\Users\User1\My Games\Terraria\config.json]
3. change "ThickMouseEdges": false, to "ThickMouseEdges": true,
4. save and start the game

another thread to this topic
already uh, said that

Or you could do what I do and do the thick mouse edges in neon green, as well as the cursor color in neon green. I can never lose track of it. You can change the thick mouse edges color by looking up its color coding on Google :)

I've had blue and red cursors, but I kept losing it. I'll try to check that option, it must be very useful.

Neon green.
Bright red.
Pink.

Hope this helps!
Thanks a lot for this also let me give few links so it helps with setting the colors and selecting them
http://colors.findthedata.com/l/492/Neon-Green (Looks like this website got the most of colors by name)
http://www.color-hex.com/color/39ff14
both of this websites are really good you guys can use any of them that you like
and you also can edit the config to set the colors

Neon Green:
"MouseColorR": 57,
"MouseColorG": 255,
"MouseColorB": 20,

Bright Neon Red:
"MouseColorR": 221,
"MouseColorG": 0,
"MouseColorB": 72,

Bright Neon Pink:
"MouseColorR": 244,
"MouseColorG": 51,