Best cursor colour?

Purple's actually pretty bad even when in the lighter colors.
It doesn't blend well with dark areas/corruption.
Yellow tends to get lost in hell/areas with a lot of lava.
White gets lost in the sky easily, same with blue.
Black gets lost in the dark easily.
Neon red is extremely visible.
Neon green is extremely visible.

Purple's actually pretty bad even when in the lighter colors.
It doesn't blend well with dark areas/corruption.
Yellow tends to get lost in hell/areas with a lot of lava.
White gets lost in the sky easily, same with blue.
Black gets lost in the dark easily.
Neon red is extremely visible.
Neon green is extremely visible.

Yeah but neon green blends in with the jungle sometimes, so I went neon red.

Neon Green is the most visible color to the human eye, red is second.
I would try one of these colors.
Neon green.
Bright red.
Pink.

I go with pink, now there's another way to make your mouse visible too.
Go to your Documents/My Games/Terraria/ and there should be a file titled "config.json"
Open it with Notepad and try and find the line that says "ThickMouseEdges": false,"
Edit this line so it says "ThickMouseEdges": true,".
This gives your mouse a thick white outline which makes it MUCH easier to see.
Hope this helps!

Why isn't this an option in the options? Seems like the devs might have forgotten about it.

Saving this topic for later. For the longest time I've been using white, and have wanted to discover alternatives for it, and possibly even increasing the mouse thickness.

I enjoy using the light green cursor, even though it can be hard to see with the general green surface.

I enjoy using the light green cursor, even though it can be hard to see with the general green surface.
Your army of skeletons is rising.

I prefer some some bright colors for my mouse, the most notable being some lighter shades of green or something close to white. These usually make it visible, especially with edges.

How would u make it so that ur cursor color is neon red but the outline would be black, since I like both colors.

Go to your Documents/My Games/Terraria/ and there should be a file titled "config.json"
Open it with Notepad and try and find the line that says "ThickMouseEdges": false,"
Hope this helps!

This is so cool! I didn't know you could change the cursor thickness!
Thank you so much for sharing this info with us! Is it also possible to change the white outlining to a black color?
How can I do that, if it's possible?

Anyways right now I'm using a pink cursor color too, I wasn't really thinking about the color effectiveness, just using it because it's one of the colors I adore.
But honestly I haven't had many problems losing the cursor. :dryadhappy:

Neon Green is the most visible color to the human eye, red is second.
I would try one of these colors.
Neon green.
Bright red.
Pink.

Hope this helps!

OMG this totally help me big time!!! Thanks man:)

I chose red, mostly for aesthetics, but it's also kind of hard to miss because the human brain instinctively looks directly at red because it's the color of blood.

apologies for necroing here but i googled the question to see if anyone had a better answer than mine and i didn't see what i came up with here. the logic I used initially was to pick a color that stands out or contrasts with the environment but the game world is too varied for that to be a perfect solution. but then I realized you can change the color of the edge of the mouse and the center separately so you want to pick 2 colors which contrast each other really well. I use white outline red center. anywhere the red blends in the white does not and visae versa

Back
Top Bottom