Best Debuff For PVP? (Most DPS or The easiest to kill players)

Best Debuff For PVP

• Cursed Flames

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poison

• Confusion

• Flames

• Frost Burn

• ShadowFlame

• Total voters

OhWolfy

Official Terrarian
This is kind of confusing but for example: is ichor better than venom because it lowered def and can cause more dps? Please pick one and explain it to me. I don't care if it's toxic or cancer I just want to know lol. If I missed one, tell me. Also I'm a melee class.

Depends on who your fighting, if your opponent is melee, it ichor would be very nice cause otherwise your damage will be horrible. Confusion could be very good, but you can't count on your opponent not having immunity. Venom is just plain better than fire, shadow, frost, poison and cursed, so they entirely depend on what's available to you. I'd say see if confused works before each battle, and if it does apply that and then apply ichor or venom. If you can try to inflict multiple debuffs.

I don't think debuffs can be applied to other players in PvP.
For PvE, Ichor is better than Venom if you're hitting roughly four times a second (7-8 damage per hit vs 30 flat DPS), which is harder to do for each enemy in a crowd so Venom could be better.
About 70% of enemies are immune to Confusion so that's garbo.

Depends on who your fighting, if your opponent is melee, it ichor would be very nice cause otherwise your damage will be horrible. Confusion could be very good, but you can't count on your opponent not having immunity. Venom is just plain better than fire, shadow, frost, poison and cursed, so they entirely depend on what's available to you. I'd say see if confused works before each battle, and if it does apply that and then apply ichor or venom. If you can try to inflict multiple debuffs.

Okay so I did some experiments with my friends. Confused is ehh. It works for like the first 5 seconds and once they figure it out it doesn't work lol. Betsy's Wrath, Daybreak, and Solar Flare combined with another debuff is good. But I'd say the best one is venom. Ty btw

I don't think debuffs can be applied to other players in PvP.
For PvE, Ichor is better than Venom if you're hitting roughly four times a second (7-8 damage per hit vs 30 flat DPS), which is harder to do for each enemy in a crowd so Venom could be better.
About 70% of enemies are immune to Confusion so that's garbo.

You can unless the server made players immune or they have immune gear. I agree on the Confusion buff it kinda sucks anyway.

Cursed bullets work in PVP, which makes it the easiest debuff to inflict. Ichor bullets work too but that debuff isn’t as powerful for obvious reasons. (I actually did test a large variety of weapons specifically for a similar question to this a while back). Iirc venom is completely unable to be inflicted, though that may have changed in 1.4.1.

Last edited:
Cursed bullets work in PVP, which makes it the easiest debuff to inflict. Ichor bullets work too but that debuff isn’t as powerful for obvious reasons. (I actually did test a large variety of weapons specifically for a similar question to this a while back). Iirc venom is completely unable to be inflicted, though that may have changed in 1.4.1.

The flask and bullets work now.

Back
Top Bottom