best game you have played!

wat do you like better?

• minecraft

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My top three would have to be The legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Animal Crossing Wild World.

Last edited:
Terraria, duh!

Ok thats kinda obvious but Smash, Skylanders, Little big Planet, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (getting the 3DS port of Luigi's Mansion the day it comes out!) And pokemon.

Undertale (barely played it but I love it anyway), Halo 1,2,3,reach,ODST,wars,wars2, Starcraft 1 and 2, Warcraft 3, Cuphead (frustrating as flip but still a great game)

If table top games count. D&D, Warhammer 40k, MTG, Munchkin, Monopoly LOTR edition, Monopoly Star Wars edition, exploding kittens, Bears VS babies (sounds like it would be bad but it’s not, IT IS FLIPPING HILARIOUS)

The Ultima 7 series. These are the first games (to my knowledge) where you have a fully open world that can be explored and interacted with.

NPC's have jobs and follow the time of day to practice their jobs (like blacksmithing, potion making, working the field, attending boring meetings, working in shops), then go eat in the evening in the local inn or their home. They shout "More ale!" and "Food!" and innkeepers put food on their plates. Then they're off to sleep.
You can manipulate and use many things, like doors, windows, street lights, candles, spittoons, chairs, beds, musical instruments, wells, and so on.
You can move items anywhere, as long as they're not too heavy to lift. Want to get on a roof for funsies? Stack some crates to make stairs.
You can bake bread and use a loom to make cloth and bandages. Can't afford food? Hunt some deer to stuff your bellies.
You can steal anything that's not nailed to the floor.
You can about massacre everyone in the whole world, if you'd feel like it. And never reach the game's ending because of it!
You can ride a horse cart, sail a ship, fly a magic carpet.
You can smack people around with a big halberd or choose some distance with a triple crossbow, because 3 bolts are better than 1.
Tough enemy? Why not steal a cannon, gun powder and a cannonball from the so-called king's fortress and blow this tough guy away?
I can go on for hours.

And all this happened TEN YEARS BEFORE Morrowind came looking!

Some of my other all-time favourites:
- The original Doom and Doom 2, but Doom more so. (Better level design.)
- Homeworld, the classic one. The remake lacks elements that made the classic such a classic.
- Commander Keen, especially the fourth episode.
- Dungeon Keeper (The sequel was terrible.)
- Age of Empires 3 (I love all of them, but 3 simply looks the prettiest and rag-dolling enemies with your cannons never gets old.)
- Diablo (Which is unfortunately a pain to play nowadays, since it doesn't seem to run on these day's systems/Windows) - Diablo 2 is also nice, but lacks that dark atmosphere.
- Master of Magic
- Fallout 2
- Jagged Alliance 2 (Which is unfortunately also a pain to play nowadays; time has not been kind to this one. A real pity. Many have tried to make a similar game, and many have failed. I wish someone could make this game fully Windows 10-compatible.)
- Borderlands 2
- The Witcher 3
- Skyrim (also a big fan of the previous 2)
- ...and of course, Terraria.

I probably missed a few that should have been mentioned here. I'll add them if I think of them. I generally like old games. Most modern games are incredibly lacking. Yeah, it's all super duper graphics, but they fail to make the game fun! I still play the games listed here now and then, so it's not nostalgia and bad memory talking here.

Terraria and team fortress 2, if i would have to rank these two then uhhhhhhhhh... terraria would probably be number one

i would say terraria, but nitrome must die somehow changed my game likings, i would not like terraria if i had not played it

My picks are:
Terraria, for the nearly infinite depth of almost every mechanic that no other game can hope to match.
Celeste, for the brutal platforming that always helps me increase my skill level.
The Metroid Series, because it was the first set of games I can say I both played and completed, and all of them (except the first two) have aged superbly well.

The Ultima 7 series. These are the first games (to my knowledge) where you have a fully open world that can be explored and interacted with.

NPC's have jobs and follow the time of day to practice their jobs (like blacksmithing, potion making, working the field, attending boring meetings, working in shops), then go eat in the evening in the local inn or their home. They shout "More ale!" and "Food!" and innkeepers put food on their plates. Then they're off to sleep.
You can manipulate and use many things, like doors, windows, street lights, candles, spittoons, chairs, beds, musical instruments, wells, and so on.
You can move items anywhere, as long as they're not too heavy to lift. Want to get on a roof for funsies? Stack some crates to make stairs.
You can bake bread and use a loom to make cloth and bandages. Can't afford food? Hunt some deer to stuff your bellies.
You can steal anything that's not nailed to the floor.
You can about massacre everyone in the whole world, if you'd feel like it. And never reach the game's ending because of it!
You can ride a horse cart, sail a ship, fly a magic carpet.
You can smack people around with a big halberd or choose some distance with a triple crossbow, because 3 bolts are better than 1.
Tough enemy? Why not steal a cannon, gun powder and a cannonball from the so-called king's fortress and blow this tough guy away?
I can go on for hours.

And all this happened TEN YEARS BEFORE Morrowind came looking!

Some of my other all-time favourites:
- The original Doom and Doom 2, but Doom more so. (Better level design.)
- Homeworld, the classic one. The remake lacks elements that made the classic such a classic.
- Commander Keen, especially the fourth episode.
- Dungeon Keeper (The sequel was terrible.)
- Age of Empires 3 (I love all of them, but 3 simply looks the prettiest and rag-dolling enemies with your cannons never gets old.)
- Diablo (Which is unfortunately a pain to play nowadays, since it doesn't seem to run on these day's systems/Windows) - Diablo 2 is also nice, but lacks that dark atmosphere.
- Master of Magic
- Fallout 2
- Jagged Alliance 2 (Which is unfortunately also a pain to play nowadays; time has not been kind to this one. A real pity. Many have tried to make a similar game, and many have failed. I wish someone could make this game fully Windows 10-compatible.)
- Borderlands 2
- The Witcher 3
- Skyrim (also a big fan of the previous 2)
- ...and of course, Terraria.

I probably missed a few that should have been mentioned here. I'll add them if I think of them. I generally like old games. Most modern games are incredibly lacking. Yeah, it's all super duper graphics, but they fail to make the game fun! I still play the games listed here now and then, so it's not nostalgia and bad memory talking here.
Woaw, man! He asked for your favorite game, Not a mile long essay.

Woaw, man! He asked for your favorite game, Not a mile long essay.
What can I say, on some subjects, I love giving details. :merchantgrin:
And, in my opinion, posts that only have a couple of words in them are not really informative. "You like a certain game? Cool. But why?"
Explain yourself. Express yourself. That's what was taught to me in school anyway. Not sure what they're teaching nowadays. Maybe everything's multiple-choice. :merchantwhat:

Explain yourself. Express yourself.
School kind of looks down on that style now unfortunately, multiple choice is nice for people who like bending the rules a bit using logic alone... but not all of us are logical.

I generally always try to explain myself at least a little bit, because in my household everyone has the mentality that "all questions are good questions," so if you don't do that you're gonna have to waste a lot of effort...

Back
Top Bottom