Best Melee Loadout

SolaR

Golem
I use Beetle or Turtle scalemail, Chlorophyte Mask, Hallowed Greaves, Ankh shield, Mech. Gauntlet, Fire Gauntlet, Warrior emblem, wings, all reforged to menacing violent. It gets the Terra Blade's damage to 188 without any buffs. You might try switching the ankh shield with a destroyer emblem to get the highest damage. Weapons I use: Terra Blade, Horseman's blade, Death Sickle, Paladin's Hammer, and Vampire Knives. Discuss what you use here.

EDIT: I calculated the DPS with Menacing to the DPS with Violent and I found that Violent gives you 457 DPS with the Terra Blade while Menacing gives you around 432 DPS (I accidentally closed the tab that had the number on it :(). So if you reforge your accessories to Violent you should have max DPS. I used the guide here to calculate the DPS.

Last edited:
the best melee loadouts i've used so far has been with the beetle armour (offense), paladin's hammer/possessed hatchet, scourge of the corrupters, the horsman's blade, flairon (in 1.2.4) with all menacing accessories: ankh shield, beetle wings (because it matches), frostspark boots, mechanical glove and warrior emblem. for regular gameplay, this loadout has been the best i've ever used.

if i am going to use melee with an event, i adjust the gear accordingly.

the best melee loadouts i've used so far has been with the beetle armour (offense), paladin's hammer/possessed hatchet, scourge of the corrupters, the horsman's blade, flairon (in 1.2.4) with all menacing accessories: ankh shield, beetle wings (because it matches), frostspark boots, mechanical glove and warrior emblem. for regular gameplay, this loadout has been the best i've ever used.

if i am going to use melee with an event, i adjust the gear accordingly.
the reason i use the chlorophyte mask and hallowed greaves is because it gives you more damage/dps. Might try the Scourge of the Corruptor sometime. I usually put on turtle armor when I'm doing AFK stuff.

I use Beetle or Turtle scalemail, Chlorophyte Mask, Hallowed Greaves, Ankh shield, Mech. Gauntlet, Fire Gauntlet, Warrior emblem, wings, all reforged to menacing. It gets the Terra Blade's damage to 188 without any buffs. You might try switching the ankh shield with a destroyer emblem to get the highest damage. Weapons I use: Terra Blade, Horseman's blade, Paladin's Hammer, Bananarangs, Vampire Knives, and North Pole. Discuss what you use here.
Wow...very sweet set up. I am copying and pasting this so I know what I need when I get my laptop back. I have been experimenting for ages trying to find what is the best melee load out. I don't really use range or magical at all. I have been playing my character as melee for I don't know how long. With this loadout, do you know the stats for the Flairon. Is menacing the best even for the flairon?

Wow...very sweet set up. I am copying and pasting this so I know what I need when I get my laptop back. I have been experimenting for ages trying to find what is the best melee load out. I don't really use range or magical at all. I have been playing my character as melee for I don't know how long. With this loadout, do you know the stats for the Flairon. Is menacing the best even for the flairon?
for the flairon the best modifier is Godly. I really only use the Flairon because of it's high damage and homing=huge dps.

I recommend using the turtle scalemail instead of the beetle scalemail with this loadout because the turtle scalemail gives 7 more defense.

I thought Godly was the best modifier as well but I wasn't sure. And I love the Flairon against the mechanical bosses. With the Godly modifier, it took the Twins and the Mechanical worm out in no time flat. Also pwned the Destroyer as well in record time.

You may get the highest damage potential sure, but it isn't practical for every action made, such as movement. It may not be the best, but here's what I use.

Armor: Beetle Offense Set

Accessories:
Ankh Shield: Violent
Frostspark Boots: Violent
Fishron wings: Violent
Master Ninja Gear: Violent
Mechanical Glove: Violent

Main Weapons:
Paladin's Hammer: Ruthless
Terra Blade: Legendary
Vampire Knives: Godly
Death Sickle: Legendary

Reason for faster melee speed is because Projectiles made go Faster and Further. Paladin's Hammer gets thrown much farther than normal, Terra Blade and Death Sickle swing faster, making more projectiles, and the projectiles themselves move faster. VK's effective range also increases.

I have to say these are all great but I think the best is:

Armor-Beetle Offense

Accessories: Warrior Emblem, fire gauntlet, avenger emblem, celestial stone, and wings, all menacing.

Weapons-Legendary Terrablade, godly possessed hatchet, and legendary death sickle

I have to say these are all great but I think the best is:

Armor-Beetle Offense

Accessories: Warrior Emblem, fire gauntlet, avenger emblem, celestial stone, and wings, all menacing.

Weapons-Legendary Terrablade, godly possessed hatchet, and legendary death sickle
This setup is going for pure no-buff damage. To get max damage with Beetle armor you have to kill enemies fast and when you get the buff it only stays for a few seconds. This setup and Beetle armor setups are for different purposes. If you need max damage immediately, go with my setup. If you can build up damage over time without getting killed or heavily damaged, use beetle.

UPDATE: Violent actually gives more more DPS than Menacing does. I changed that in the OP so you can go look at that now.

Believe Hallowed Helmet (10/10/10) is more DPS than chlorophyte 16/6/0. If your weapons benefit from attack speed and you reach a breakpoint with the attack speed.

i use dragon armor bc mask gives you 15% damage and speed, breastplate gives 5% dmg, greaves give 2% speed, and as a set bonus 21% more melee speed. also i use ankh shield, master ninja, frostspark boots, fire gauntlet, and fishron wings all violent. (Edit) forgot also use legendary terrablade, ruthless horsemans blade, godly vamp knives, legendary north pole, ruth pal hammer

Back
Top Bottom