Best money making methods for pre-hard mode and hardmode

First thing is to be conservative about reforging things. A lot of players make the mistake where they feel the need to reforge everything to the absolute best. Only reforge items that you will actually use for longer than 10 items unless they actually have a bad reforge, and on better items settle with mid-high tier reforges like Hurtful, Demonic, etc. Trust me, the slight loss in a few stats is well worth having enough money for things.

Also, sell anything you don’t need. If you haven’t used a certain weapon in a while because you’ve passed its tier, sell it. Sell any ores or bars that you need nothing from, and any useless accessories and old armor you have more use for. Don’t be too hasty to quick trash everything, selling is usually better unless you don’t have access to NPCs.

In pre-Hardmode, there are two items that sell for surprisingly high: stained glass and sauteed frog legs. If you find any excess gems that you won’t need for anything, craft them into stained glass and sell them. In fact, you can have consistent income using a gem tree farm. If you have a jungle pylon, Frogs will spawn incredibly often and you can kidnap them, craft them into sauteed frog legs and sell them for 20 silver a piece.

The *most efficient* way to make a lot of money fast even into Hardmode is to kill the world evil bosses. The Eater and Brain drop a lot of demonite which sells *very* well, and you can get a ton of money from each kill.

Money should be less of an issue in Hardmode because everything drops so much more of it, but the Eater/Brain strat still works reasonably well, and you can create AfK farms for money. The Pirates drop a ton of money and golden furniture which sells for even more, and a few items that help manage money, though those are rare.

Pls give both I am about to be bankrupt cause of the stupid goblin tinker reforges
Hi @MemesThatMakeMePlay, just for future reference, when you have a question about what do to in the game, please make a thread in the PC In-Game Support section, and not in the Crossroads section. The Crossroads section is not for asking for help. I’ve moved this thread (and many of your other threads) to PC In-Game Support section. :)

Back
Top Bottom