Best ranged weapon.

What is your favourite rannged weapon here?

• Snowman Cannon

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Pulse bow

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Tsunami

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • Stake launcher

• Sniper rifle

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Tactical Shotgun

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Chain Gun

• Venus magnum

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Megashark

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters
I like how you have the tsunami but not any of the pillar items which do around the same damage lol, and the megashark is the way to go, you get chlorophyte bullets and that and then your banging for the rest of the game, sure the dps might fall off but then it's about the time where you fight the pillars and even in master mode it's still viable for pillars along with the shotbow

The Celebration MKII. It actually out-dps both the Phantasm and S.D.M.G.
Yes, but SDMG is still useful to attack through a block-sized hole and to shoot infinitely with that infinite ammunition, Phantasm is useless with these two other weapons.

Yes, but SDMG is still useful to attack through a block-sized hole and to shoot infinitely with that infinite ammunition, Phantasm is useless with these two other weapons.
I don't think the SDMG or Celebration Mk. II are available before moon lord.... for all practical purposes in a playthrough, the phantasm is the only one with a use. The playthrough has already ended by the time you get the other two.

I don't think the SDMG or Celebration Mk. II are available before moon lord.... for all practical purposes in a playthrough, the phantasm is the only one with a use. The playthrough has already ended by the time you get the other two.
But sometimes it happens that a player wants to do something after the moonlord to use the new items or just extend the playthrough more doing something else.

But sometimes it happens that a player wants to do something after the moonlord to use the new items or just extend the playthrough more doing something else.
But that doesn't necessarily make them the "best" option. Should a weapon really be considered "best" if it's available at a time where sheer power is no longer needed?

But that doesn't necessarily make them the "best" option. Should a weapon really be considered "best" if it's available at a time where sheer power is no longer needed?
You just need to imagine yourself in a situation of wanting to take a long journey after the moonlord, like completing all the bestiary information beyond 100% or something smaller like completing the rest of the combat achievements that can now be made easier with moonlord items for example, if you have any journey to complete after the moonlord and you have these 3 weapons in hand, maybe you will realize that this bow is no longer useful.
EDITED:
I overestimated this bow before I knew that the additional projectiles the bow makes for itself are not very powerful apparently.
Even the target dummy says that these two weapons are better than this bow when I tested DPS of these 3 weapons in the dummy.

Last edited:
You just need to imagine yourself in a situation of wanting to take a long journey after the moonlord, like completing all the bestiary information beyond 100% or something smaller like completing the rest of the combat achievements that can now be made easier with moonlord items for example, if you have any journey to complete after the moonlord and you have these 3 weapons in hand, maybe you will realize that this bow is no longer useful.
And why can't the phantasm fulfill any of that? I don't see how that makes it useless, especially considering you only need to kill the moon lord once for bestiary and there is no guarantee you'll get the others on that kill. Phantasm is basically free, while the others require RNG to get (which in the moon lord's case is notorious for taking a while.)
I overestimated this bow before I knew that the additional projectiles the bow makes for itself are not very powerful apparently.
Even the target dummy says that these two weapons are better than this bow when I tested DPS of these 3 weapons in the dummy.
The Phantasm can be equipped with ichor arrows which makes the extra arrows much stronger (10 damage points can make them almost double). Also dummies don't spawn the extra projectiles so they are not a valid DPS test for the Phantasm.

The Phantasm can be equipped with ichor arrows which makes the extra arrows much stronger (10 damage points can make them almost double). Also dummies don't spawn the extra projectiles so they are not a valid DPS test for the Phantasm.
You made me want to do a new test with the best ammunition against the bosses of frost moon in master mode and see the speed of the energy bar drying with the 3 weapons, maybe I'll do it later.

Back
Top Bottom