Best Setup for a health regeneration tank character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm very new to the forums but I have been playing Terraria for quite a while. I often play with my buds (4-5) and we've just defeated Duke Fishron. This may sound a bit weird but I was wondering if there was a good set up for a heath regeneration character that could tank Fishron ( along with a support mage that can aid with spectre healing). Fishron is a very mobile boss which makes it hard for my teamates to hit him with most of anything ( especially the first time before our mages got razorblades). The idea here is to have a setup where you regen health so quickly along with the spectre healing that you can basically tank Fishron. I used a beetle set along with menacing accessories and vampire knives to kill him before but it took a couple of tries.

I've also got a couple of questions. Does the shiny stone ( dropped from Golem ) loses its effect if you are knocked away? With 6 accessories, heart lanterns, potions, honey, campfire,spectre healing, and vampire knives, would it be possible to come up with a build that could theoretically tank fishron?
- Does the shiny stone's effect kick in right away. So would it be alright to jump and dodge a couple of times while retaining the health regeneration.

I'm currently thinking something along the lines of Beetle Set ( Beetle Shell ), Warding Charm of myths, Warding Shiny Stone, Warding Frozen Turtle Shell, Warding Celestial Shell, Warding Paladin's Shield, Warding Star Veil, Campfire, Honey, Heart Lantern, Regeneration Potion, Spectre Healing from friend. Any thoughts on this build and how would it fare against Duke Fishron Expert Mode (4-5 players ). Thanks!

Shiny Stone only activates if you are standing still doing no action. Fairly sure being hit disables the effect instantly.

I can't really help you with the rest of your questions, since I am generally a Ranger so I'm use to not taking much damage.

Shiny Stone only activates if you are standing still doing no action. Fairly sure being hit disables the effect instantly.

I can't really help you with the rest of your questions, since I am generally a Ranger so I'm use to not taking much damage.
I'm also not quite sure but I believe wearing the Paladin's Shield negates all knockback so therefore would the Shiny stone's effect still be working?

I'm also not quite sure but I believe wearing the Paladin's Shield negates all knockback so therefore would the Shiny stone's effect still be working?

IIRC Paladin's Shield doesn't negate knockback.

But getting hit in general acts like you've been knocked back regardless. An item just prevents it from happening to your character, so the Shiny Stone's effect is cancelled still.

Edit: I guess I'm wrong, Wiki states taking damage doesn't hinder the effect of the Shiny Stone. But it is the wiki, so who knows.

IIRC Paladin's Shield doesn't negate knockback.

But getting hit in general acts like you've been knocked back regardless. An item just prevents it from happening to your character, so the Shiny Stone's effect is cancelled still.
Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I've just got one more question. How long would it take for the Shiny Stone's effect to reapply? Wouldn't it end after a couple of milliseconds, considering that most knockbacks are very short in general, although i've no idea how immunity to knockback plays in that certain scenario.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I've just got one more question. How long would it take for the Shiny Stone's effect to reapply? Wouldn't it end after a couple of milliseconds, considering that most knockbacks are very short in general, although i've no idea how immunity to knockback plays in that certain scenario.

I editted my post. Wiki apparently states that taking damage doesn't hinder the Shiny Stone's effect, but moving and using tools and weapons does negate it.

Anyways, I think it takes a second or two to start its effect.

I editted my post. Wiki apparently states that taking damage doesn't hinder the Shiny Stone's effect, but moving and using tools and weapons does negate it.

Anyways, I think it takes a second or two to start its effect.
Alright! Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm gonna test out how long it takes for the shiny stone to kick in. Just a personal question, Do you think using vampire knives would heal more than the Shiny stone? (Considering I can hit Duke with the Knives).

Alright! Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm gonna test out how long it takes for the shiny stone to kick in. Just a personal question, Do you think using vampire knives would heal more than the Shiny stone? (Considering I can hit Duke with the Knives).

Yes, becuase Vampire Knives are guaranteed healing while the Shiny Stone is guaranteed healing under a certain condition.

Yes, becuase Vampire Knives are guaranteed healing while the Shiny Stone is guaranteed healing under a certain condition.
Alright thanks! I checked into the Shiny stone thing and you were right. It takes around a second, give or take a couple milleseconds. Cheers ~ !

Add some Regen, Ironskin, and Endurance potions to top it off

Also, I'm not so sure if you'll get low enough for the Shell to work, much less survive much longer if you do get that low.

An Anhk shield in place of shell should be nice, or you could use that new crimson mimic item that grants 7 defense

Add some Regen, Ironskin, and Endurance potions to top it off

Also, I'm not so sure if you'll get low enough for the Shell to work, much less survive much longer if you do get that low.
Alrighty thanks. And we'll never know if we don't try. Although it is a bit late where I am and i'll have to tell you tommorow if i can survive once the Shell is popped. If not, i'll probably switch it out with something else. Maybe an Ankh Shield for another +8 defense. Cheers ~ !

An Anhk shield in place of shell should be nice, or you could use that new crimson mimic item that grants 7 defense
WOW! I didn't know that item gives +7 defense. I thought it was just a pointless item with the same effect as the turtle/beetle armor. Sweet! I'm probably going to use the Flesh Knuckles if it turns out I get rekt when i hit 125 hp. (Pray to the gods that my regen is enough. XD). Thanks!
[DOUBLEPOST=1436499457,1436499437][/DOUBLEPOST]
Flesh Knuckles? Yeah that item is pretty great for tanking. Warding gives +11 Defense.
Alrighty! Gonna try it out asap (which will probably me tommorrow).

PRAISE_SPODERMANZ said:
Alrighty! Gonna try it out asap (which will probably me tommorrow).

Just a note: you can only get the Flesh Knuckles on a Crimson world, so if your world is Corruption, you're out of luck.

If possible, get Worm Scarf and start messing around with the build.

The 17% damage that it negates can be useful, especially with bosses that deal a ton of damage.

If possible, get Worm Scarf and start messing around with the build.

The 17% damage that it negates can be useful, especially with bosses that deal a ton of damage.

It doesn't really do much in terms of lowering damage because Expert mode doubles all damage regardless of Defense and reductions, so it doesn't really help much.

I'm pretty sure there's no gear set you could compile that would let you just tank his damage via regen and mitigation. His base damage is just too high (especially in phase 2), and between his constant charging, projectiles, and tornadoes he would kill a stationary player in under 15 seconds. That's not to say you couldn't burn him down with raw damage before dying at this point without the need to move much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom