PS4 Best summoner gear?

LeftyRedd

Official Terrarian
I want to do something different than just use my Terra Blade and a gun. A summoner seems like it'd be really neat, but I have no idea the gear I should get. What do you guys recommend?

For weapons:
Tempest staff - Summons tornadoes that shoot suicide sharks, dropped by fishron.
Raven staff - Summons ravens, one tier below Tempest staff, drops from Pumpking.
Staff of frost hydra - Ice biome chest, does not follow you, but pack quite a punch.
Weapon prefix: Ruthless is the best prefix as you only need damage, minions can't score crits, knockback is negligible, speed and mana cost will only affect the spawning speed, not the minion's stats.

For armor and accessories: (note: all minion increases are 1 extra)
Tiki Armor - Bough from which doctor, more minions than Spooky but less damage increase.
Spooky wood armor - Crafted with spooky wood from Pumpkin moon, less minions but more damage increase.
Pygmy necklace - Bought from witch doctor (when he's in jungle?), adds 1 minion slot.
Hercules beetle - Bought from witch doctor, 15% increased minion damage, I don't recommend this though...
Necromantic scroll - Drops from mourning wood, increases minion count and damage.
Papyrus scarab - Combine Necromantic scroll with Hercules beetle @ tinkerer's workshop, increases minion count and more damage than Necromantic scroll.
Prefix: your best option is menacing, or warding if you have hard time avoiding attacks.
I would strongly recommend the other 2 accessories to be wings and frostspark boots.

Other:
Summoning potion - There is a fish caught in the jungle, I forgot it's name, it is used to craft this potion, it adds 1 minion slot, 6 min duration.

This should help.

Since the content now goes to the MOON... lord, stardust armor and a stardist dragon staff or stardust cell staff can now be acquired. Or start better summons of small with a xeno or deadly sphere staff.

Back
Top Bottom