PS4 best ways to save the jungle in hard mode?

ZeroJinKui

The Destroyer
i am getting closer and closer to reaching hard mode in my new world and one thing i remember that always makes me hesitate to progress the game is that the jungle gets erased off the face of the earth by corruption/crimson.

i never understood why that was a thing, especially since after 1.2, the jungle was absolutely required to progress the game.

i still remember in one of my earliest worlds i got into hard mode, by time i noticed something was wrong, my jungle was basically gone.

i know there is the clentaminator, but i dunno if i'll get my hands on it quickly enough... honestly, i wish we didn't have to worry about the jungle.

i really wish we could just let things play out and not be screwed out of progression.

i mean, every other biome can be corrupted/crimsoned along with being hallowed... why is the jungle, the most important biome, treated differently and erased?

i really hope 1.4 changes that... but i highly doubt it will.

I don't usually care much about losing the jungle. It is too big and dangerous even for players with end-game equipment. What I do is stocking up on jungle grass seeds while the jungle still exists, that I use for creating smaller artificial jungles closer to home that are suitable for fighting plantera. You only need 80 mud blocks with jungle grass growing on it to create an artificial jungle. A Plantera bulb will spawn as long as there aren't another bulbs nearby.

You will also need to grab some chlorophyte. It can be used to start farms that grow chloropyte. Just build mud cubes deep underground and plant a chlorophyte block in each. The chlorophyte will grow in the mud and farming it is much easier than searching the jungle for it.

If you really wish to preserve the jungle you can try fighting WoF repeatedly (save before the fight) until the hallowed part of the hardmode V goes towards the jungle. Just reload a save from before the fight if things aren't going your way.

Also, if the worst do happen it takes a long time for the jungle to disappear completely. You should have enough time to defeat Plantera before it happens.

I don't usually care much about losing the jungle. It is too big and dangerous even for players with end-game equipment. What I do is stocking up on jungle grass seeds while the jungle still exists, that I use for creating smaller artificial jungles closer to home that are suitable for fighting plantera. You only need 80 mud blocks with jungle grass growing on it to create an artificial jungle. A Plantera bulb will spawn as long as there aren't another bulbs nearby.

You will also need to grab some chlorophyte. It can be used to start farms that grow chloropyte. Just build mud cubes deep underground and plant a chlorophyte block in each. The chlorophyte will grow in the mud and farming it is much easier than searching the jungle for it.

If you really wish to preserve the jungle you can try fighting WoF repeatedly (save before the fight) until the hallowed part of the hardmode V goes towards the jungle. Just reload a save from before the fight if things aren't going your way.

Also, if the worst do happen it takes a long time for the jungle to disappear completely. You should have enough time to defeat Plantera before it happens.

...how is the jungle too dangerous for people with endgame equipment?

i've spent more time in the jungle than anywhere else, in pre- and post-hardmode... i never had any issues with it.

honestly, it's probably my favorite biome, it's like a playground for me.

also, how am i supposed to save before a fight and reload if the hallow doesn't go where i want it?

the only option is to save & quit, and there is no way to quit without saving, like there used to be... i have to live with what happens in the current version of the game.

or, you know. just make a 4 block wide hellivater on each side of the jungle

that would take an eternity, essentially digging four hellevators, since digging up/down automatically targets just two blocks across.

also, since world generation likes to throw like 4-5 corruption biomes in the world, the jungle already has a corruption biome on the very edge of it, almost inside the jungle, so i'd have to do some wonky digging to curve around the jungle's depths.

uggghhh... why don't they just change it so the jungle can't be erased!

i love this game and the people behind it, but... this is a truly terrible design choice.

something that is ESSENTIAL for progressing the game... should NEVER be in danger of disappearing, period!

...how is the jungle too dangerous for people with endgame equipment?
1575218338473.png

how am i supposed to save before a fight and reload if the hallow doesn't go where i want it?
First, turn off Autosave. Then Save & Exit when you are geared up for the fight to create a savepoint. Enter the game again and start the fight. If the fight goes badly or if the hardmode V isn't how you want it, avoid saving by pausing the game, then force quit the game entirely and return to the dashboard. Please note that the game will save automatically if you die.

I don't know chief, OP might not have a high enough proficiency in demolition and explosive to do that, might fail there save throws and get blown up.

why does this feel like a not-so-stealthy insult?

basically calling me incompetent. %-_-

more like i don't have the funds to do so.

how much money would even be needed for something like that?

you see dear @ZeroJinKui , in all my playthroughs money never became an issue because I hoarded money and not items. I sold a lot of random stuff and in my naive beginnings of playing terraria I had sold almost every potion and potion ingredient that I found (if your short on money consider creating a farm for money)

Best of luck proving to me you're not incompetent, - @salad_den

why does this feel like a not-so-stealthy insult?

basically calling me incompetent. %-_-

more like i don't have the funds to do so.

how much money would even be needed for something like that?
What I do if I desperately need the jungle is getting about 30 dynamite and then utterly raiding the corruption/crimson nearby my jungle, then using the loading a save point trick that Salad mentioned.
you see dear @ZeroJinKui , in all my playthroughs money never became an issue because I hoarded money and not items. I sold a lot of random stuff and in my naive beginnings of playing terraria I had sold almost every potion and potion ingredient that I found (if your short on money consider creating a farm for money)

There is more than one way to play this game, and selling absolutely everything you don't need, as well as the save point trick, are not intuitive for most people. Stop treating it like it is.

What I do if I desperately need the jungle is getting about 30 dynamite and then utterly raiding the corruption/crimson nearby my jungle, then using the loading a save point trick that Salad mentioned.
I did not mention the saving trick, that was r4v1n6
There is more than one way to play this game, and selling absolutely everything you don't need, as well as the save point trick, are not intuitive for most people. Stop treating it like it is.
I don't know how to respond to this one other than we might not be on the same page (I suggested starting a farm for money and not selling everything you don't need if that is the issue here)

I did not mention the saving trick, that was r4v1n6
Whoops, my bad.
I don't know how to respond to this one other than we might not be on the same page (I suggested starting a farm for money and not selling everything you don't need if that is the issue here)
My point still stands though, just because you play the game a certain way doesn't mean you can call other people incompetent when they don't.

honestly, salad's opinion means nothing, either way.

people like that aren't worth acknowledging.

i'd rather be "incompetent" than earn their favor, cause that would mean i've done something seriously wrong in life.

as for everyone else, thanks for the suggestions.

I made mistakes in this thread, now i will talk about them (just make sure you have full context to what's going on here before reading further)

might not have a high enough proficiency in demolition and explosive to do that
that was a horrible and misinterpreted attempt to make a fallout reference from new vegas that went over everyone's heads and that's my fault

basically calling me incompetent.
sorry the bad "reference" came off like that, I can't take bad decisions that made people feel bad about themselves back

Best of luck proving to me you're not incompetent
I like playing supportive rolls to people please don't crucify me.

can call other people incompetent
not my M.O. but this thread became a :red: show after I showed up and left unclear intentions in my posts

salad's opinion means nothing
why did I quote this again? had something to do with nothing and opinions but whatever, all is forgiven on my part

i'd rather be "incompetent"
I'd rather you "get gud" than accepting that your :red: at something

I :red:ed up and left people on different pages and ruined people's opinion of me
(think if your reference is clear and easy to understand before you post kiddos)

that's enough salad, you've already made your opinion known and i've made its worth to me more than clear.

that "good luck proving you're not incompetent", how is that "supportive"?

also, i despise people who say "git gud"... that immediately strips them of any place in my life.

you also just flat-out said i'm :red: at the game, despite literally knowing nothing about how i play the game, or how far i've made it into the game with other characters, i'm just tired of having to be concerned for the well-being of the jungle.

the point stands that the jungle shouldn't even HAVE to be protected.

i don't forgive, and i don't forget, i hold grudges for life, so let that be the end of our interaction.

that's enough salad, you've already made your opinion known and i've made its worth to me more than clear.

that "good luck proving you're not incompetent", how is that "supportive"?

also, i despise people who say "git gud"... that immediately strips them of any place in my life.

you also just flat-out said i'm :red: at the game, despite literally knowing nothing about how i play the game, or how far i've made it into the game with other characters, i'm just tired of having to be concerned for the well-being of the jungle.

the point stands that the jungle shouldn't even HAVE to be protected.

i don't forgive, and i don't forget, i hold grudges for life, so let that be the end of our interaction.
@salad_den and @ZeroJinKui please stop poking at each other. There have been some comments here that are over the line and it needs to end. There may be additional action taken after the forum staff has a discussion.

Back
Top Bottom