Best wood poll

The best/prettiest wood in terraria

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmm if counting Bamboo, Cactus, Dynasty Wood, Glowing Mushrooms and Pumpkins all which share some wood mechanics but not all of them and are notably excluded from recipes that state "any wood" I would rank them from best to worst as follows
Boreal, Rich Mahogany, Glowing Mushroom, Palm, Ebonwood, Cactus, Bamboo, Dynasty, Pumpkin, Spooky(would rate far higher but I really don't like the Jack-O'lantern features detracting from the otherwise Gothic ascetic), Pearlwood?(haven't used it enough to accurately assess) and in the far last place Shadewood which just looks bad and entirely unconnected to the Crimson. The Trees themselves don't look bad but The wood itself... I just don't like the ascetic at all.

Fun irrelevant fact did you know IRL that Palms don't actually have any "wood"? they really are just giant herbs which have compacted leaf scars that build on top of each other to produce the tallest herbaceous plants,

I love the way boreal wood blocks and furniture look, EXCEPT the light sources. Boreal wood is great for the "cozy cabin" look, but having all-blue light sources conflicts with that so terribly.
Is it wrong that I actually wish the other biome based "wood"/furniture sets used their biomes respective torches? The use of ice torches rather than regular torches is one of my favorite features of the wood variant. That said it would be nice if you could "paint/recolor biome related furniture to different torch variants. My Dungeon crypt base would look far more ominous if I could get the light sources to use the flame color pallet of bone torches for example.

Back
Top Bottom