Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Some of the bestiary entries (specifically Sharkron) are not being added. I have tried killing them as they spawn, letting them hit the ground, waiting until I kill Duke Fishron, and finally just restarting the game: none of it worked. I am trying to get 100% on the bestiary, so this is kind of a problem. I haven't tried other enemies yet, but I don't want to have to restart 100%-ing on another world for obvious reasons. Any help is appreciated!

Yeah, the same sort of thing is happening to me with the Blood Moon fishing enemies; I do know that they require you to kill them quite a bit more, but I've killed maybe 20 or so Zombie Mermen and I still haven't gotten anything in its entry filled out except the name and picture.

Yeah, the same sort of thing is happening to me with the Blood Moon fishing enemies; I do know that they require you to kill them quite a bit more, but I've killed maybe 20 or so Zombie Mermen and I still haven't gotten anything in its entry filled out except the name and picture.
I believe you need to kill hostile enemies 50-ish times for the proper entry, but doing that isn’t required for getting 100% on the bestiary. My issue is that some enemies are just not being unlocked at all; as in no picture or anything. This does give me an idea for my problem though: kill all of them 50-ish times and see if it works. I’ll try it out and reply with any results in case anyone else is having the same issue as me and wants to know if there is a fix.

EDIT: This appears to have actually worked. The prevailing theory is that the bestiary required a sort of "update", and simply killing them once was not enough, whereas killing them enough to get the full entry triggered something that allowed it to actually show what I had done. Keep in mind that this is only a theory, and results for others having this issue may vary.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums Unlawful Entry!

Your findings are correct. Most bestiary entries require multiple kills to unlock their data. E.g. 1 kill to unlock the entry, 10 to unlock the flavour text, 25 for the drops, 50 for the drop rates. (These numbers are made up so don't quote me on that.) The unlock rates can differ between enemies - bosses require only one defeat to fully unlock their entry.

Back
Top Bottom