NPCs & Enemies Bestiary Kill Counter

This would eliminate the entire purpose of the tally counter, but I can see where you're coming from. It would be much nicer to not have to guess how many of an entity we've killed.

This is simply untrue. The same understandable mistake is made in this official post.

Why doesn't the Bestiary display the number of enemies killed?
It would invalidate the Tally Counter Accessory which tells you how many of a specific enemy you've killed. You will still need the Tally Counter Accessory to know how many of an enemy you've killed.

This is false because the Tally Counter Accessory has and would still have the unique ability to show you the amount of enemy NPCs you've killed on the go. It gives you the convenience of seeing the number without having to browse through a menu. It lets you quickly glance at the number mid-invasion, while you're dodging and killing enemies.

It's also not good enough on its own because:
  • Seeing numbers in the bestiary would help you decide which banners to go after. Which haven't you earned? Which are you closest to earning?
  • Often I kill a rare enemy like a Pinky in combat and want to know how many I've defeated. Half a second later, before I have a chance to see the number, my projectiles or summons finish off another more common enemy like a Green Slime, replacing the number of Pinkys I've killed with the number of Green Slimes I've decimated. In that moment, and until I kill another Pinky without killing something else immediately afterward, the Tally Counter fails its purpose at providing me the info I needed.
So I suggest the bestiary should track enemy kills and the Tally Counter should track enemy kills, because the two serve the same purpose in different ways.

Back
Top Bottom