Game Mechanics Bestiary saving between worlds.

XGaming

Official Terrarian
In the next update the bestiary needs to save between worlds. Anyone agree?
Edit: or just make all the crimson/corruption enemies auto unlock that you haven't picked in your world gen

Last edited:
The problem with this is that there are features in the game (like the Zoologist) that require a certain amount of the bestiary filled out.

Making the bestiary shared between worlds means that you only really have to unlock these features once.

It would be like if the Steampunker could spawn if you have ever defeated a mechanical boss, in any world. This means that you only have to defeat one mechanical boss once, and then the steampunker could come at the very start of the game in any new worlds you create.

The problem with this is that there are features in the game (like the Zoologist) that require a certain amount of the bestiary filled out.

Making the bestiary shared between worlds means that you only really have to unlock these features once.

It would be like if the Steampunker could spawn if you have ever defeated a mechanical boss, in any world. This means that you only have to defeat one mechanical boss once, and then the steampunker could come at the very start of the game in any new worlds you create.
i'm talking about
Can I unlock all three world-specific Cavern enemies (Salamander/Giant Shelly/Crawdad) in a single world?
YES. Once you have unlocked the two enemies native to your world, the third one will unlock automatically. It will show information at the lowest tier both your native enemies have achieved, so to fully unlock it, you need to fully unlock both your native enemies.

They could make it so you instead need to acquire a pet item to unlock her.

i'm talking about
Can I unlock all three world-specific Cavern enemies (Salamander/Giant Shelly/Crawdad) in a single world?
YES. Once you have unlocked the two enemies native to your world, the third one will unlock automatically. It will show information at the lowest tier both your native enemies have achieved, so to fully unlock it, you need to fully unlock both your native enemies.

I guess I would say: If an enemy doesn't occur in a world, why would you need to see it in that world's bestiary? I get that, for completeness sake, you want to be able to see all the enemies at once, but I don't really think it's necessary.

What I would do is have a shared bestiary that can be accessed from the main menu. It would show the combined total of what you know in all of your worlds.

i'm talking about
Aside from the 3 cavern enemies, there is only one instance where you lose out on spawns: Corruption vs Crimson. But, it turns out there is a hidden mechanic to unlock both, using one world, and one character:
Try shopping from the Dryad in Hardmode, while she is in a Graveyard `;)

I think in order to make a bestiary 100% it also requires opposite evil enemies, and the nice thing is that the dryad sells the opposite evil seeds while in a graveyard biome.

Back
Top Bottom