Beta Tester Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any sort of estimate to how many will get the chance to test this? Sorry if this has been answered before.
[doublepost=1506254490,1506254004][/doublepost]
How long would someone be a beta tester if they were to get the job?
I would assume until the patch is released, whenever that may be (they usually don't know themselves, from my experience). I'm not re-logic, though.

Does it include only reporting bugs for new content or also bug's of former versions?
And does it also include suggestions for a different kind of implementations?

How long would someone be a beta tester if they were to get the job? Also, how many applicants will be accepted?
Leinfors replied to someone else who asked your first question before:

Typically, we choose beta testers for the long haul. Anyone who is able to consistently be available, does an okay job testing, and is interested in sticking around is able to stay as a beta tester for as long as they please. We don't require constant presence, but if someone goes inactive for 6-12 months, then yeah, that might be the end.

But we don't do "beta periods" in the sense that testers are only checking things out for limited periods of time.

As Arkhayla said previously, you don't need to worry about the details unless you are selected. We'll discuss all of that at the time, at which point you can, of course, choose to opt out if you change your mind.

We don't have a specific number we are looking for, its going to be based on the individuals applying and their applications. :)

Good luck folks! It's extremely rewarding to help a game you already love to play for your own enjoyment, let alone to help better the experience for others!

Does this mean that users who are active in Terraria-related communities and not TCF itself are automatically rejected?
1506097318-9289413677.png
God I hope that isn't the case...

Well Golly Gee Wiz! I just wanted to say Golly Gee Wiz.

Anyways, here's hoping I get to be a beta tester, and good luck to all.

Last edited:
I wish I could do this, but I don't think I would have enough time to do so.
I think Leinfors explained it.
A regular presence is more important than sheer number of hours. In fact, we'd rather people NOT burn out, and so investing excessive time isn't really a good thing. We much prefer if people check in regularly, but we aren't going to require daily testing or anything like that.
Although I guess that also depends on how much time would you have.

Just a question, for the "exceptionally knowledgeable" criteria, what does this mean? Can you specify the understanding of game mechanics that is needed? I'm fairly confident with what I know of the game, 600 hours is decent. But I'd just like to make sure on what it means.

Just a question, for the "exceptionally knowledgeable" criteria, what does this mean? Can you specify the understanding of game mechanics that is needed? I'm fairly confident with what I know of the game, 600 hours is decent. But I'd just like to make sure on what it means.

It generally means you are expected to know the ins and outs of the game, most of the stuff in the game, and how most of the stuff in game works from the perspective of a player. You aren't expected to understand the mechanics in the code or anything like that, though more never hurts. To a degree, this is a question to yourself more than anything else; do YOU feel like you have a lot of knowledge about Terraria? There is no hard line on this question, its going to vary from person to person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom