Official Beta Testers Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn, another three years before I can apply.
Sigh.png

Oh well. It'll come eventually.

This definitely isn't something where we are looking for people who just want to see new content and move on. We need people able to test things as they come in and try and break them. Feedback is extremely important and preferred to be detailed. :)

This definitely isn't something where we are looking for people who just want to see new content and move on. We need people able to test things as they come in and try and break them. Feedback is extremely important and preferred to be detailed. :)

I love how the game industry is the one of the few industries in which "Break our stuff" is a serious job offer.

I am 17, I'm sure my parents would agree, I have over 700 hours on Terraria, I know most of the game pretty well, except for the last tier items.
Overall, I think I could apply but I currently lack one thing :
My computer, and I don't think I'll be getting it until december which is sad :'(

I'd say that that should go without saying, but you're always going to have at least that one guy/gal when you're dealing with the open internet.

I love how the game industry is the one of the few industries in which "Break our stuff" is a serious job offer.

One of the few? I'm not so sure.

Some clothing manufacturers that make children clothes get children to try to tear at their products. Car manufactures can hire ex-thugs (you'd be surprised how much work opportunity some ex-criminal departments actually have) to try to break into their cars and start the ignition as quick as possible. And no doubt there's a lot of thorough testing if we moved on to the military aspect, including testing a new type of firearm to calculate their mean-rate-before-stoppage and mean-rate-before-breakage that involves getting a hundred or so of the firearms and shooting bullets with them until they break.

Interesting. I have that luck of getting lots of bugs and beta testing was my dream for quite a long time. It was one of the reasons I used to record videos about those. I'm just not sure if I could handle it now, but I'll think of making an application here. Also my PC is slightly a limiting factor. Mostly because I can't record, as I can still put some hours into playing.

Oh, this sounds important! Count me in, I'd love to help you, guys. I'm a good beta-tester, used to keep a HUGE list of Starbound bugs, it's still there, on their forums.

Interesting. I have that luck of getting lots of bugs and beta testing was my dream for quite a long time. It was one of the reasons I used to record videos about those. I'm just not sure if I could handle it now, but I'll think of making an application here. Also my PC is slightly a limiting factor. Mostly because I can't record, as I can still put some hours into playing.
Recording isn't required; record your feedback = document it. We use a nifty reporting system you will have access to to input bugs.

Recording isn't required; record your feedback = document it. We use a nifty reporting system you will have access to to input bugs.

Basically what Safeman said.

However, although not required, it is helpful as a visual aid of course. Simple tools like gifcam fulfill that recording feature very easily, and are not heavy on processing. You don't need to use something like a capture card, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom