Official Beta Testers Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cenx What if i'm 13 but i have 944 hours of it played, and know a lot of the mechanics?
also i dunno the coding if you want that.

I wonder how many beta testers will be chosen...

I hope more than 200 will be or i'm pretty sure I won't be one of them:(

Now, I'm not Re-Logic, but I'm pretty sure that it's much, much less than 200. Can't say how many, but the OP said they needed to fill a 'few slots' (on top of an already existing beta testing team).

Not saying this to demoralise you or anything, but hoping to get in through a factor of chance isn't as realistic as hoping to get in through a factor of skill.

Addressing the aforementioned points:
Should an answer be left blank on the application:
  • I will be reading every application fully, meaning a blank field (other than the optional bug) will be looked upon poorly
  • I would much rather see a response of "I am not sure what is going on here, but I feel this is not the intended function, please advise" than a blank field
    • This shows me you are willing to report something out of place at the risk of sounding ignorant
      • (ignorance is nothing to be ashamed of, simply overcome by furthering your education)
  • The only exception to this is the optional bug, where I will add points. Keep in mind though, over-explaining or incorrectly making assumptions about the optional bug can be detrimental to your application as well. Don't answer with the assumption you know what is going on (pro-tip: Explain what you see, not what you think)
To the point of leaking information:
  • If you feel incapable of protecting company privacy, do not apply
  • If you have an overwhelming urge to brag to your friends about your beta status, do not apply
  • If you just can't wait to tell the world about all the new features and how amazing they will make the game, do not apply
  • If you want to join the beta to find bugs, keep them secret, and exploit post release, do not apply
I am looking for professional individuals capable of playing the game and reporting issues with the goal of improving quality and user enjoyment.
  • Your focus will be to assist with game testing, even if repetitive, to find and reproduce issues the developers can fix prior to release
  • A great example: Some of our testers have generated hundreds of worlds and repeatedly killed the same boss hundreds of times to vet out balance, drop rates, world gen issues, etc.
Self control is amazing, but knowing who you are and what you can do for the company is even better. If you don't think you can accomplish what I am asking here... Please, don't apply; save yourself, and the community, the trouble.

I do appreciate every single application and everyone who plays the game. However, not everyone is up to the task of being a tester. Be confident, motivated, and eager to help out. Only then, will you be someone selected for testing!

Sorry for the long-winded response, but I felt the information worth being shared.
That would've been nice to know when I applied as far as what the questions are meant for...i thought they were more meant to be about showing you're able to think creatively about a situation and provide potential leads about the source of the bug. Puts a completely different light knowing that it's supposed to be answered like a report, not just a "explain the bug".

I'm excited for the update. For the longest time I was hoping they would expand on the wiring system. If I'm not selected, then to all of the beta testers: good luck on the hunt!

Testing focus will initially be 1.3.1 and future updates. Later if you are one of the chosen you may be asked to help with ToW or other projects. :)

You guys are adding even more content to Terraria? Wow i thought 1.3 was going to be the end of it. That's great to hear :happy:

You guys are adding even more content to Terraria? Wow i thought 1.3 was going to be the end of it. That's great to hear :happy:
I believe 1.3 was just when Red stepped down and gave over main development to the rest of the team. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember.

Addressing the aforementioned points:
Should an answer be left blank on the application:
  • I will be reading every application fully, meaning a blank field (other than the optional bug) will be looked upon poorly
  • I would much rather see a response of "I am not sure what is going on here, but I feel this is not the intended function, please advise" than a blank field
    • This shows me you are willing to report something out of place at the risk of sounding ignorant
      • (ignorance is nothing to be ashamed of, simply overcome by furthering your education)
  • The only exception to this is the optional bug, where I will add points. Keep in mind though, over-explaining or incorrectly making assumptions about the optional bug can be detrimental to your application as well. Don't answer with the assumption you know what is going on (pro-tip: Explain what you see, not what you think)
To the point of leaking information:
  • If you feel incapable of protecting company privacy, do not apply
  • If you have an overwhelming urge to brag to your friends about your beta status, do not apply
  • If you just can't wait to tell the world about all the new features and how amazing they will make the game, do not apply
  • If you want to join the beta to find bugs, keep them secret, and exploit post release, do not apply
I am looking for professional individuals capable of playing the game and reporting issues with the goal of improving quality and user enjoyment.
  • Your focus will be to assist with game testing, even if repetitive, to find and reproduce issues the developers can fix prior to release
  • A great example: Some of our testers have generated hundreds of worlds and repeatedly killed the same boss hundreds of times to vet out balance, drop rates, world gen issues, etc.
Self control is amazing, but knowing who you are and what you can do for the company is even better. If you don't think you can accomplish what I am asking here... Please, don't apply; save yourself, and the community, the trouble.

I do appreciate every single application and everyone who plays the game. However, not everyone is up to the task of being a tester. Be confident, motivated, and eager to help out. Only then, will you be someone selected for testing!

Sorry for the long-winded response, but I felt the information worth being shared.
Thank you for this opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom