Official Beta Testers Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will we know whether or not our application has been accepted or declined?
I'm guessing they will e-mail the selected testers after they're all selected. (Assuming there's ten, when all ten are found they would then e-mail them all.)

Sao reference?
I think you meant to quote the message below that one
index.php

I have considered the possibility that a person could simply leave the game on while the hours rack up. So, for example, while Steam says I have 3,703 hours of Terraria playtime, what it actually says is that's how long Steam recognizes that I had the game running on my system; not what I was doing with those hours. The logical conclusion I have determined is that hours are somewhat meaningless as a credential.

It is sort of expected that people are being honest here. If someone is going to fudge the numbers and deliberately farm hours just for a high Steam hour count, then that sort of thing is likely to show up when they actually start testing and have no idea what they are doing. If you inaccurately portray yourself to the point that you are actually unqualified for the task, I suspect it would be no small concern to simply remove someone from the tester pool after the fact.

Long story short, I won't be heartbroken if I'm not picked, personally. I applied not because I want the job, but because I think the job needs me. Or 8-10 people like me.

The age requirement is what's stopping me from applying, it kind of sucks, but that's the requirement. And plus, I don't play Terraria on a Steam account on a PC.

Hmm... I wonder if developers started giving out betas to their new beta-testers, and we just don't know about that yet, still waiting for any sort of reply.
I'm a little bit nervous, don't judge me.

Hmm... I wonder if developers started giving out betas to their new beta-testers, and we just don't know about that yet, still waiting for any sort of reply.
I'm a little bit nervous, don't judge me.
They will almost certainly lock the thread once it's finished. It wouldn't make sense to leave it open for more submissions as they're judging them. It would be almost never-ending or at least ridiculously time consuming. It hasn't been that long anyways. Arkhalis already mentioned 700 applicants and that was a couple of days ago. There's bound to be a lot more now. I'm certain they are going to finalize all their choices and send out the NDA's and other stuff in one wave, rather than separately, as that would make things a lot harder to manage and keep track of.

There's nothing you can do besides wait. If you aren't picked, don't beat yourself up about it. If someone better than me is able to make the game better, I can't really be too mad about it. It isn't all fun and games. :)

They will almost certainly lock the thread once it's finished. It wouldn't make sense to leave it open for more submissions as they're judging them. It would be almost never-ending or at least ridiculously time consuming. It hasn't been that long anyways. Arkhalis already mentioned 700 applicants and that was a couple of days ago. There's bound to be a lot more now. I'm certain they are going to finalize all their choices and send out the NDA's and other stuff in one wave, rather than separately, as that would make things a lot harder to manage and keep track of.

There's nothing you can do besides wait. If you aren't picked, don't beat yourself up about it. If someone better than me is able to make the game better, I can't really be too mad about it. It isn't all fun and games. :)

Well, technically it is all games, just not all fun.

It is sort of expected that people are being honest here. If someone is going to fudge the numbers and deliberately farm hours just for a high Steam hour count, then that sort of thing is likely to show up when they actually start testing and have no idea what they are doing. If you inaccurately portray yourself to the point that you are actually unqualified for the task, I suspect it would be no small concern to simply remove someone from the tester pool after the fact.

i can agree with that my steam time is nearing a thousand hours soon but i'd give about a hundred to me leaving my mob farm running
[DOUBLEPOST=1448917514,1448917402][/DOUBLEPOST]
I hope I can become a beta tester. That way when the creator traps us in Terraria we can know where to go and stuff.

was that a Sword art online joke?

i can agree with that my steam time is nearing a thousand hours soon but i'd give about a hundred to me leaving my mob farm running

XD Your steam time is higher than what you've played, mine is lower. I'm up to ~1500 logged on Steam, and there's probably (subtracting time that Terraria got left open on accident or for like 15 minutes while watching a video or something) ~500 hours left unaccounted for that I wasn't connected to Steam during.

I hope I can become a beta tester. That way when the creator traps us in Terraria we can know where to go and stuff.
They should indeed trap us. I can image peps saying "We've found a dungeon! But it's incredible dangerous... *flashback of dungeon guardian killing 10+ players*"

Addressing the aforementioned points:
Should an answer be left blank on the application:
  • I will be reading every application fully, meaning a blank field (other than the optional bug) will be looked upon poorly
  • I would much rather see a response of "I am not sure what is going on here, but I feel this is not the intended function, please advise" than a blank field
    • This shows me you are willing to report something out of place at the risk of sounding ignorant
      • (ignorance is nothing to be ashamed of, simply overcome by furthering your education)
  • The only exception to this is the optional bug, where I will add points. Keep in mind though, over-explaining or incorrectly making assumptions about the optional bug can be detrimental to your application as well. Don't answer with the assumption you know what is going on (pro-tip: Explain what you see, not what you think)
To the point of leaking information:
  • If you feel incapable of protecting company privacy, do not apply
  • If you have an overwhelming urge to brag to your friends about your beta status, do not apply
  • If you just can't wait to tell the world about all the new features and how amazing they will make the game, do not apply
  • If you want to join the beta to find bugs, keep them secret, and exploit post release, do not apply
I am looking for professional individuals capable of playing the game and reporting issues with the goal of improving quality and user enjoyment.
  • Your focus will be to assist with game testing, even if repetitive, to find and reproduce issues the developers can fix prior to release
  • A great example: Some of our testers have generated hundreds of worlds and repeatedly killed the same boss hundreds of times to vet out balance, drop rates, world gen issues, etc.
Self control is amazing, but knowing who you are and what you can do for the company is even better. If you don't think you can accomplish what I am asking here... Please, don't apply; save yourself, and the community, the trouble.

I do appreciate every single application and everyone who plays the game. However, not everyone is up to the task of being a tester. Be confident, motivated, and eager to help out. Only then, will you be someone selected for testing!

Sorry for the long-winded response, but I felt the information worth being shared.

I play the cracked version of terraria, so can i become a beta tester?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom