Official Beta Testers Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is fairly safe to assume that they have chosen their testers being that this is nearly 2 months later. Also, why would they close the applications if they weren't ready to choose?

They closed the applications, so they don't get more applications going and so they can choose. But it's not that easy given the fact how many people did that.

They closed the applications quite some time ago. Come on, this is Re-Logic, not the government. It's doesn't take them an eternity to get stuff done.

Well, it apparently does when there are about a thousand of people and then they have to choose from that percentage of people who are at least decent/good for this. There are multiple criterias for picking people and Re-Logic is busy with other things, too.

And as for the process taking 2 months: You seem to have forgotten that those 2 months included several major holidays, and a childbirth. I think they are preeeeetty busy.

Not only is the selection process a great deal more time consuming than you may think (imagine sifting through the many hundreds of applications and trying to give each one a fair assessment), but even once they are selected, there is more work to do. Bringing on those testers is a time consuming process in and of itself, as they are each contacted, informed of the procedures, fill out the necessary paperwork, set up with the various programs, etc. Each of these tasks, including the initial assessments, has to come out of someone's time who can't spent it focusing on working on the game, etc. And because of the recent events (a major update launch on Mobile, Console, and 3DS), in tandem with the holidays and Cenx/Red having a baby, things are likely to be just completely swamped. Even if the testers have been selected, now may not be the time to make it official because it would require sustained attention that can't be given right now.

If you guys think that the thread should be closed in the mean time, until the decisions are finalized, that's one thing . . . though to be fair, its unlikely there will be a public announcement of those selected, so I'm not sure what the long term purpose of this thread is now that the applications are closed. I'd be happy to inquire as to what we should do with the thread.

Last edited:
Just close it. No point of it being open. It had one purpose and that purpose has been fulfilled. Speculation of other things can go in their appropriate threads.

If you guys think that the thread should be closed in the mean time, until the decisions are finalized, that's one thing . . . though to be fair, its unlikely there will be a public announcement of those selected, so I'm not sure what the long term purpose of this thread is now that the applications are closed. I'd be happy to inquire as to what we should do with the thread.
The main reason I brought the issue up to begin with, and accidentally revived the thread in the process, was mostly to check if the process had reached the contacting stage yet. Since due to the recent activity, part of me still hopes that there has been no email due to other more pressing matters, not due to not being chosen.

Just close it. No point of it being open. It had one purpose and that purpose has been fulfilled. Speculation of other things can go in their appropriate threads.

Going to wait for permission from the relevant Relogic employees first; its not my thread to close, and their call takes precedence

EDIT: And with that, I've gotten that very go-ahead. Thread will be locked.

If there are any relevant announcements, they may still be made here, but contacting chosen testers will be done privately, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom