Official Beta Testers Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really sucks.....I'm 13 (almost 14), which means that I cannot participate. Oh well, there is probably some legal reason....

It is more that they want people who are actually serious about finding and fixing bugs, rather than people who just wanna play the new content early. One must draw a line somewhere, and they decided to draw it at 16. I'm kinda surprised it is 16 and not 18 to be honest.

I'd love to help though I have no testing experience. I applied anyway. no harm done or hurt feelings if I don't get the job.

It is more that they want people who are actually serious about finding and fixing bugs, rather than people who just wanna play the new content early. One must draw a line somewhere, and they decided to draw it at 16. I'm kinda surprised it is 16 and not 18 to be honest.

Actually, I don't think this is completely true. As Re-Logic has stated with for instance the search for forum staff, maturity is what they're looking for, regardless of how old the possessor is (although I presume there is some bottom line). I think an important factor in this decision is legal stuff, such as NDA's being able to be declared void if the signer is a minor in case of a breach (not sure how/if that works in the U.S., but it's possible where I live), and also not being able to sue minors (again, depends on the location).

With that said, I'm not the Re-Logic recruiter, so what you said might be true after all.

Just to clarify, does anyone know when the deadline is for any future applicants?

There hasn't been any official mention of this, although I hope the answer isn't "when we have enough applications". Last year that took them about one day.

Should mention the application progress back then had no immediately clear guidelines, and was substantially easier.

There hasn't been any official mention of this, although I hope the answer isn't "when we have enough applications". Last year that took them about one day.

Should mention the application progress back then had no immediately clear guidelines, and was substantially easier.

It doesn't help that a clearly defined limit hasn't been established, whether from a "quantity of applicants" perspective, or a time-based one.

Ideally, I would have gone with the latter, and give a maximum of a week for any potential applicants.

I would really love to sign up. I'm amazing at finding glitches in games, but I just don't think I'll have the time to test it as much as I'd like to. I'm also not very good at explaining things.

I'll think about it, though.

The advantage of having a time limit for applications allows any potential applicants to plan ahead, should they be unable to apply at any time during the time limit.

Having a limit on the number of applicants is quicker, but does not enjoy the luxury of foresight.

Well, I'm not too worried about the deadline, since I already filled out the application. It would suck though if they had to stop accepting new applications after just one day...

Well, I'm not too worried about the deadline, since I already filled out the application. It would suck though if they had to stop accepting new applications after just one day...

My point exactly.

One cannot rule out the possibility that a serious contender for the position is excluded due to circumstances outside of their control (i.e. blackouts, time constraints on their part, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom