Official Beta Testers Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooo! I'm 11 but i have over 300 hours on Terraria, I've got extensive knowledge over it and the game mechanics, and being a beta-tester for a game as extensive as Terraria would be absolutely amazing! People have also commented about how mature I am online. I'm not trying to make an exception, but 5 years of waiting to be able to sign up is a pain in the butt. Oh well, I'll get waiting.

Ah, tough luck. I hope in the next update or whenever such thing is needed again I will be able to become a tester or anything. I didn't even know this was happening, but to the good side of it, I am full of joy to see the game be updated again with new content. Besides, I feel like I'm inexperient to do this job. I wish good luck for all the approved testers, may them hunt and squash all possible flaws.

From the sounds of it, due to the large amount of contacts, declined applicants will not be contacted. Admittedly, emailing 500+ people would be a nightmare.

An alternative question though: When will the application process close, to prevent more entries?

Hello Terrarians!

We need beta testers and we are looking towards the community to fill a few spots.

Before you fill out the application, there are a few "must haves"

• 16 years old +
  • Willing to sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement). If you are under 18, your parent or guardian will need to sign this legal form on your behalf.
  • Be incredibly knowledgeable of Terraria and the game mechanics and have a significant amount of time played
  • Access to a PC that can run Terraria for regular testing (PC is a requirement other platforms are a bonus).
  • Willing and able to dedicate a discernible amount of time to testing, recording your feedback, and inputting bugs

If you meet these requirements, please complete the application. Do not email or pm staff regarding the applications as we are ONLY accepting candidates via the application process.

Please note as well. If you need additional information for what Re-logic is expecting of you, @Arkhalis has made a very detailed post here, in regards to that. If you are applying, or even have already done so, we strongly encourage you read it anyways.

I have considered the possibility that a person could simply leave the game on while the hours rack up. So, for example, while Steam says I have 3,703 hours of Terraria playtime, what it actually says is that's how long Steam recognizes that I had the game running on my system; not what I was doing with those hours. The logical conclusion I have determined is that hours are somewhat meaningless as a credential.

I have considered the possibility that a person could simply leave the game on while the hours rack up. So, for example, while Steam says I have 3,703 hours of Terraria playtime, what it actually says is that's how long Steam recognizes that I had the game running on my system; not what I was doing with those hours. The logical conclusion I have determined is that hours are somewhat meaningless as a credential.
While this is true, a mimimum baseline is reasonable. Accepting someone with less than, say, 100 hours would be a little odd. Above that line is pretty meaningless, it is more to prevent fresh players from applying (I assume).

Everyone knows the proper credential is how many copper swords one's collected from all your characters. As we all know that everyone who's pro at this game does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom