Texture Pack Better Ambiance Texture Pack (now for 1.4, but NOT on the workshop... yet)

Is this a correct installing?
屏幕截图 2021-02-23 140541.png

Hi, I don't know if you've already posted your package in the new Steam Workshop in Terraria, but I saw several different accounts posting your package and I don't know if any belong to you, so I wanted to let you know about possible plagiarism.

Hi, I don't know if you've already posted your package in the new Steam Workshop in Terraria, but I saw several different accounts posting your package and I don't know if any belong to you, so I wanted to let you know about possible plagiarism.

Nope, they are definitely NOT from me. I'll certainly be mentioning it here first once they're going up on the workshop, and my presentation/thumbnails will look A LOT nicer. Haha.

Also I will not be uploading anything anywhere until this pack is fully-updated (which it nearly is... slowly but surely). And wow, three phony uploads to the workshop already just within the first few days. Feel free to report them on there, as I'm assuming this is the only way to get them taken down. I'm doing the same.

Seems a number of other creators have already had their work stolen/wrongfully placed onto this workshop as well... some of them corrupt/incomplete files or mixed into other texture packs without permission. If mine are still up days from now, I probably won't even bother uploading the legit upgraded version there at all, if this workshop is that much of a mess. Not worth the headache of having to explain constantly which versions are real, up to date, etc. People have the right to know what they're actually downloading.

Thank you very much for letting me know about this regardless. :sigh:

Last edited:
Nope, they are definitely NOT from me. I'll certainly be mentioning it here first once they're going up on the workshop, and my presentation/thumbnails will look A LOT nicer. Haha.

Also I will not be uploading anything anywhere until this pack is fully-updated (which it nearly is... slowly but surely). And wow, three phony uploads to the workshop already just within the first few days. Feel free to report them on there, as I'm assuming this is the only way to get them taken down. I'm doing the same.

Seems a number of other creators have already had their work stolen/wrongfully placed onto this workshop as well... some of them corrupt/incomplete files or mixed into other texture packs without permission. If mine are still up days from now, I probably won't even bother uploading the legit upgraded version there at all, if this workshop is that much of a mess. Not worth the headache of having to explain constantly which versions are real, up to date, etc. People have the right to know what they're actually downloading.

Thank you very much for letting me know about this regardless. :sigh:
I'm sure this is going to be happening for at least the first few weeks of v1.4.2, since I had it happen for a few of my texture packs, too. At least it was someone I actually knew from the forums though, and they took the packs down once I had 'em up (I didn't even say anything, so I'm glad that went well).

As for the v1.4.2 version of this pack? Take as much time as ya need! I absolutely loved the v1.3.x version of it, so I'd absolutely love to see a beautifully-crafted version for v1.4.2 to add to the collection. :dryadhappy:

A few things.

1. Copycats are going to happen. Trust me, its like fake merch or piracy... you can slap some down, but more will show back up. Like roaches. :p
(to give you a sense... I personally hand-ban... maybe 60-75 PER DAY)
2. I have been banning the ones I see and KNOW are fakes (but I am not omniscient, so if I miss something, just let me know - PM here is fine)
3. Valve mods also handle reports, and clear them out regularly - but they do not seem to care/deal with possible copycats... so sometimes reports on the WS itself get cleared out and I never see them. :(
4. Don't let that discourage you from getting the REAL ones up there. Over time, with slapping down the fakes and the real ones getting subs and ratings, the cream will rise to the top.

A few things.

1. Copycats are going to happen. Trust me, its like fake merch or piracy... you can slap some down, but more will show back up. Like roaches. :p
(to give you a sense... I personally hand-ban... maybe 60-75 PER DAY)
2. I have been banning the ones I see and KNOW are fakes (but I am not omniscient, so if I miss something, just let me know - PM here is fine)
3. Valve mods also handle reports, and clear them out regularly - but they do not seem to care/deal with possible copycats... so sometimes reports on the WS itself get cleared out and I never see them. :(
4. Don't let that discourage you from getting the REAL ones up there. Over time, with slapping down the fakes and the real ones getting subs and ratings, the cream will rise to the top.
I know what your talking about, usually when i search something, Like when i search "All items", i see one original pack, and then i see multiple of the same pack, just without images.

Heya, just wanted to pop in and ask if everything's alright @Lunatic Lobbyist, not heard from you in a while. Texture pack and all that aside, I hope everything's going okay.

That said, for those who would really like to use this in 1.4 without futzing around with the XNB files, I've taken the liberty (in only love for the pack and what it does) to update it with that. In addition, I (admittedly somewhat clumsily) updated the Purity Fountain texture and Purity Rain textures to match the new water colours, and redid the backgrounds, though in a somewhat sloppier manner, and to not quite the same effect as Lunatic's original edits by taking the lovely water texture from
this background and applying it to all the others that previously just had flat colour, as well as adding the distant background fog effect from it.

If the backgrounds aren't to your liking (I have yet to test them out ingame admittedly), it's easy enough to unzip the file and remove them, since I'm probably not going to do much more work on this. That said I hope it's enjoyable!

I've also included a patch for
The Unholy Waters to allow the two's rain and fountain tweaks to be compatible.
The patch should be higher priority in your Texture Pack list than both mods to function. It's not exactly needed since I doubt the fountain or rain changes I added to the Better Ambiance update would even be all that noticable if overwritten back to default.

If Lunatic doesn't like me doing this, I can happily remove it. Just thought I would lend a hand to get some version up with the water sprite storage tweaks (and to sort of dip my toes into the texture pack scene and see how they work in Terraria...
And add a few more little tweaks that felt like they were missing maybe...)

Edit: Had to open my big mouth... Updated the pack, fixed several issues with the backgrounds, oops.

Attachments

• Better Ambiance Update.zip
    347 KB · Views: 383
  • Better Ambiance Update & Unholy Waters Patch.zip
    43.7 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
been trying to install the pack for a while but even though I put it all where it has to go, it just doesn't pop up in the game resource packs...

The zip file of the resource pack is in the folder
everything seems to be fine
also installed the water texture in the game folder so that's okay

But the resource pack itself doesn't pop up

Attachments

• 1637173171496.png
    1637173171496.png
    983 KB · Views: 161
  • 1637173291523.png
    1637173291523.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 169
Ано как-то вставить этот пакет на мобильную версию через файловый менеджер?

Back
Top Bottom