tModLoader Better Biomes (WIP)

Marcin JOT.PE

Terrarian
Welcome! I'm working of new mod called Better biomes. This mod gonna improve the biomes of Terraria with New Npc ,Items , Bosses

The Mod Is Dead because i got no more fun from this And no team and Ideas Thanks everyone for support

Currently content 1.1 :
zaba.png

Forest Frog
Life-125
Damage = 20;
Defense = 17;
Spawn = Semi-Common (Purple Slime, Skeleton)
Drop = 1-2 Forest Essence
Nietopez.png

Forest Bat
Life-95
Damage = 17;
Defense = 16;
Drop = 1-2 Forest Essence
slime.png

Forest Slime
Life-75
Damage = 15;
Defense = 15;
Drop = 1-2 Forest Essence , 1-2 Gel
Forest Dragon

Drop and stats (WIP)
Essence of The Forest:
Forest_Essence.png

Crafting item for weapons

Forest Shard:
Forest_Shard.png

Crafting item for weapons
Sword Of Forest Essence
Sword_Of_Essence.png

Damage = 25
Very Fast Speed
Weak knockback
4 % Critical Strike chance
Ingredients:

Forest_Shard.png
: '12'
Forest_Essence.png
: '15'

--------------------
Tile:
Item_35.png
Bow Of Forest Essence
Bow_Of_Essence.png

Damage = 22
Very Fast Speed
Weak knockback
4 % Critical Strike chance
Ingredients:

Forest_Shard.png
: '7'
Forest_Essence.png
: '10'

--------------------
Tile:
Item_35.png
Book Of Forest Essence
Book_Of_Forest_Essence.png

Damage = 22
Mana use = 12
Fast Speed
Average knockback
Ingredients:
Item_149.png
: '1'
Forest_Essence.png

--------------------
Tile:
Item_354.png
Forest Mask
Forest_Mask.png

Defense = 8
Ingredients:

Forest_Shard.png
Forest_Essence.png

--------------------
Tile:
Item_35.png
ForestBreastplate
Forest_Breastplate.png

Defense = 6
Ingredients:

Forest_Shard.png
: '20'
Forest_Essence.png

--------------------
Tile:
Item_35.png

Forest Leggings
Forest_Leggings.png

Defense = 5
Ingredients:

Forest_Shard.png
: '12'
Forest_Essence.png
: '10'

--------------------
Tile:
Item_35.png

Set Bonus
MeleeDamage + 5%;
MeleeSpeed + 5%
Forest Ore
Imported_piskel_22.png

Drop =
Forest_Shard.png
Red = 0%
Orange = 25%
Yellow = 50%
Purple = 75 %
Green = 100%
Currently working on 1.3
Version:1.0
1 New Npc
1 New Item
1 New Magic weapon

Version:1.1
2 New Npc
1 New Melee weapon
1 New armor set
Some bug fixes
Better projectile for Book Of Forest Essence
Forest frog some nerf
Some small Changes

Version:1.2
1 New boss
1 New crafting material
1 New Ranged Weapon
Sword sprite Improvements
Essence of The Forest Improvements

Some bug fixes
1 New Ore
Marcin - Coder,Spriter
Azanor- Big thanksFor Awesome sprites of Essence
Obsidian54- Big thanksFor Awesome sprite of frog
Snrasha - Big thanks for help with code

Last edited:
I realize i was lazy with the snow shroom idea due to lack of time, so I'll write a bit more now that I have the time. Else I risk my tittle of Lead Idea Generator!

Forest

Treant (NPC)
Hardmode Npc that spawns in pure Forests. Appearance is a relatively wide tree, though not as large as Mourning Wood. Drops Ancient Wood crafting material. This can be used alogside Shadewood, Ebonwood and Pearlwood to create evolved wood variants of those armors which can be useful in super early hardmode.

Jungle

Wildcat (Npc)
Whats a jungle without a large beast stalking and pouncing at you. A large jaguar or wildcat to stalk you in stealth before pouncing will make the jungle quite deadly!

Snow

Penguin Emperor (Boss)
A lack of Snow biome boss is significant, specially with none of the current mods adding any. A penguin boss would be quite entertaining, especially if its a regal penguin.

Frozen Bones (Npc)
An undead variant for the underground ice biomes. Presented as a skelletal warrior with frost covered armor. Contact inflicts Frozen debuff as if in contact with cold water.

Desert

Manscorpion (Npc)
How peculiar that there arent any dangerous scorpion-like entities, only critters! A good scorpion monster could add some dangerous element to the desert.

Inti/Statue (Npc)
A couple of cursed statues that remain inert until the player draws nearer then they start unleashing curses on the player. They can look like a varietyvof ancient relic statue from ancient cultures!

Ocean

Devil Clam (Npc)
A large clam monster than spawns on sea level. It stays inmobile and guarded from damage inside its shell, but opens up to shoot bubbles. Drops Pearls, a new gemstone.

Spittle (Npc)
A leafy seadragon mob that spawns in the ocean. It floats about and latches to the player, dealing constant damage. Killing them may drop a seahorse mount very rarely.

Underground

Cavern

Underworld

Space/Sky

Corruption

Crimson

Hallowed

Pearlite Ore (Material)
A new type of ore, generated on the world upon the defeat of the Wall of Flesh. Additionally, Demonite Ore and Crimson Ore can be converted into Pearlite Ore if struck by the initial conversion in hardmode or with a Clentaminator. This ore is used to create a good initial armor for hardmode even before cobalt!

Granite

Marble

Spider

Mushroom

Last edited:
Hmm... Dont like that the armor is a recolored Molten Armor... at least change the mask to foliege covering the mouth and leaving eyes visible.

One thing I hope you consider is giving each biome a useful material that can be farmed from monsters for every biome. Not all biomes have one, which makes those ones be ignored for frinding purposes...

every biom wil got own essence en own enemies that drop this essence and own boss there wil be ore in every biom and this ore + Essence from biom = Armors, weapons, maybe a mount but i got a idea if you defeat a boss from forest biom forest biom is first biom that you gets unlocked you get unlocked the enemies from for example Desert biom because if you can get every essence at the start the stats cant be beter i think that the forest biom gonna be unlocked after boss
for example its a idea of this
Eye of Cthulhu Defeat = Forest biom stuff en boss
Forest Boss Defeat = Desert stuff en boss but for example he is to strong for you so you must defeat Eater of Worlds for better armor

its a idea so it can change i open for suggestions

and sorry for slow progres but i fokus on forest boss en he is about 90% complete and i'm alone working now on this mod

Sorry my terrible
English

Got it. Though you should keep some biomes on equal difficulty such as Crimson/Corruption and Desert/Snow so that worlds without one biome can still progress normally. It will also open the posibility of alternate progression paths in the second example.

You need to credit Azanor for that sprite you're using for Forest Essence. That, or change it and use a sprite you made.

Back
Top Bottom