tModLoader Bonetiful Basics

Stormalisk

Empress of Light
Greetings fellows, are you tired of generating multiple worlds to get all those dungeon goodies? Would you like the bone welder to feel like a more exciting find?

Well I present my first mod titled:
Bare Bone Basics
i6lR24F.png

This mod is a large addition to Terraria's crafting. This mod first focus was crafting for almost the entirety of the dungeons' blocks, furniture, and walls. This mod's main focus now being to spare any users the issue of making multiple worlds to collect usually unobtainable materials, or the ease of gathering.

As an added bonus, many mobs have new drop pools. These include books from dungeon caster folk and marble from our marble biome friends.

It currently includes support for Thorium.

MANY more features have been added. These features include new crates for fishing stuff and whole new themed crafting station for obsidian stuff (and ingot uncrafting!)...

Trivia: The basic block recipes are "homage" to Minecraft's obsidian's blast resistance, as it includes obsidian in it's recipe.

Now Including a Wiki

Stormalisk/BetterBoneWelder

Of course, now onto the Download:
BetterBoneWelder.tmod

You may also find it on the Browser.

Current incompatibilities:

None known yet, but perhaps other mods that add dungeon item recipes.

A big thanks too:

-Re-Logic for Terraria.
-Tmodloader dev team for Tmodloader.
-All feedback and users.
-Al0n37's youtube channel for tutorials.
-Jofairden for forum tutorial.
-Blushiemagic for comprehensive list of all vanilla ID's for reference.
-DarkLight (Discord) for help.
-JopoJelly for help and assitance.
-Dual (Discord) for help.
-LolXD87 (Discord) for assistance with a hiccup with hoplites.

-Putan (Discord) for help and assitance.
-Coalrinna (Discord) for assistance.
-Snek (Discord) for bringing up a very curious thing with Wall of Flesh spawning.

BetterBoneWelder.png

Last edited:
<UPDATE>
V1.0.47
-Adjusted Goblin Scout radar drop from 8.33% to 4.17%
-Adjusted Goblin Scout Lifeform Analyzer drop from 2.5% to 1.67%
-Added Cool Hellstone Brick an Brick Wall, a slightly reder hellstone brick that does not burn when you step on it
-Added Fresh Flesh Block, the replacement for the flesh block re-texture that lacks the "decayed" bits
-Added Fresh Flesh Table, the replacement for the flesh table re-texture that lacks the "decayed" bits
-Added new recipe for Flesh voodoo doll involving Souls of Light/Night and a piece of silk
-Gave Pharaoh's set a set value and removed their custom shop prices
-Removed voodoo dolls from Witchdocter
-Changed "Cursed Lihzahrd Wall" to "Sacred Lihzahrd Wall"
-Changed the mod name to Bonetiful Basics

V1.0.48
-Added a new item called the Chaos Shard to the Chaos Elemental's drop pool. An item used to craft the Rod of Discord
-Adjusted item rarities
-Resprited Ancient Parts

Last edited:
Could the next update allow you to make the Bone Welder?
1 Basic Workbench + 30 Bones

Also, some suggestions for blocks (two being based off of two different mods, and one using cross-mod)
Obsidian Dungeon (Enigma + 1 Bone, 1 Dungeon Block (any color), and 5 Obsidian)
Meteorite Dungeon (Peculiarity + 1 Bone, 1 Dungeon Block (any color), and 5 Meteorite Ore)
Glacier Dungeon (Tremor + 1 Bone, 1 Dungeon Block (any color), and 5 Glacier Wood)

Thinking of making it a rare drop from dungeon slimes, there will be some other content added soon too. Though, which mods are you speaking of? I'm afraid I have not tried any cross-mod compatibility, nor do I know if it will affect my mod in a way that would make my mod require other mods.

The focus will stay on vanilla for now, with possible Thorium additions once I learn more about cross-modding.

Thinking of making it a rare drop from dungeon slimes, there will be some other content added soon too. Though, which mods are you speaking of? I'm afraid I have not tried any cross-mod compatibility, nor do I know if it will affect my mod in a way that would make my mod require other mods.

The focus will stay on vanilla for now, with possible Thorium additions once I learn more about cross-modding.

Well, the first two are "Inspired" by two mods - Enigma and Peculiarity. The third is a cross mod with Tremor (I asked the dev and should he agree, I'll alert you.)

V0.22
-All dungeon walls now have an item that allows placement of "unsafe" natural walls, requires souls of fright
-Changed cloud recipe requirements, lava/skymill
-Added a new item call Ancient Parts, which is used for crafting various themed crafting stations at an anvil
-Added Enchanted Acorn for livingwood crafting
-Dungeon slimes have 1/48 chance of dropping Ancient Parts
-Giant worms, Devourers, Tomb Crawlers, Bone Serpents, WoF's Leeches, Diggers, and Dune Splicers have a 1/72 chance of dropping Ancient Parts
-Blood Crawlers given a 1/120 chance for drop to rival Devourers (chance is lower due to much higher spawn rate of blood crawlers)

Bug fix micro update
V1.0.0
-Changed version number style.
-Adjusted alot of broken placement speeds on current placeables.

Had to make an "official" V1 release due to tmodloader seeing 223 as an actual 223. It should be fine enough, hopefully, for this version number.

I was hoping to have abit more content before then. However, the new version number style should prevent this from happening again.

V1.0.1
Editing due to frequency:
-Added dirt conversion recipes for Extra Dirty Dirt.

Last edited:
V1.0.3
-Added many more recipes for block crafting
--Snow and Ice can be made at ice machine
---Snow being made from shiverthorn seeds and being near water source
---Ice is made from snow
-Changed cloud recipes slightly to use waterleaf seeds in crafting
-Platinum chest added
-Made crafting for almost all uncraftable chests
-Meat Grinder obtainable prehardmode, but hardmode is still option in case you don't wana use Ancient Parts on it
-Solidifier can be crafted but not totally necessary (due to slime king)
-Extractinator can be crafted but need slime blocks to craft (terraria variant of "rubber" and too require ether craft solidifier or slime king kill to make)
-Blend-O-Matic is prehardmode again with a crafting recipe
--Solidifier/Extractinator/Blend-O-Matic need three Ancient Parts instead of two
-Solidifier can now made underground desert blocks being hardened sand and sandstone
-Blend-O-Matic now used for making basic stone, needing sand and granite
-Inpure counterparts of two previously mentioned can be used to make inpure variants
-Changed enchanted acorn sprite

V1.0.4
Fixed platinum chest not dropping

V1.0.5
-More fixes

V1.0.6
-Tweaked solidifier recipe

V1.0.7
-More tweaks

V1.0.8
-Yet more fixes due to insight

Last edited:
Whole list of recipes and such is essentially finished, hope it is legible to everyone's liking.

Had to make it a whole image due to image limit.

All clocks need 3 iron or lead bars, like every other clock.

V1.0.9
-Raised chance for dungeon slimes to drop Ancientparts, 1/36 instead of 1/48

I usually have bad luck, but I noticed that even the "D" posters from thorium have a higher chance to drop than the Ancientparts and considering how rare DSlimes are I tweaked it to be abit more favorable.

V1.0.10
-Raised chance for dungeon slimes to drop Ancientparts, 1/24 instead of 1/36

Still was not happy with drop chances.

V1.0.11
-Raised chance for dungeon slimes to drop Ancientparts, 1/12 instead of 1/24
-Flower boots can now be found in jungle crates with a 9.4% chance, but sometimes a turtle gets in the way...
-Pyramid items are now craftable, save pharaoh's robes which are purchased from clothier on a new moon
-All jump bottles are craftable, visit your local sky mill for more
-Sunplate blocks can be found in sky crates
-Something rather prehistoric can be found in iron crates
-Added new golden dungeon crate and old equipment crate
-Fishing information items can be found in old equipment crates with 25%(45%HM) chance of 1/3 of the items
-Fishing enhancer items can be found in old equipment crates with 10%(30%HM) chance of 1/3 of the items
-Amber is found in golden crates with a 90% chance
-Three seperate chances for gems are present within golden crates (45%,25%,15%) which means it is possible to get three shots at any of the gems that are not amber
-Coralstone is now craftable, and uncraftable using coral
-Alchemy table or Bewitching table is found in normal or golden dungeon crates with a 5% chance, 25% chance in hardmode for golden dungeon crates
-Golden lock box is always dropped by golden dungeon crate with a 25% chance for a second one in hardmode

V1.0.12
-Update for icon

V1.0.13
-Slight old equip crate tweak
-Fixed description

V1.0.14
-Meteor Heads drop meteorite regardless of mode, and abit more often

Last edited:
V1.0.15
-Behold! The daemon forge arrives! Obsidian furniture now craftable and vanilla ingots uncraftable!
-Heavy workbench can now craft tombstones
-Changed flesh blocks and flesh table's texture
-Devourer now includes a higher chance for ancient parts 1/48
-Lava slimes now drop hellstone 1/7 chance

V1.0.16
-Recipe Tweak

V1.0.18
-Made hellforge craftable using daemonforge
-Someone forgot that demon torches are a thing for the obsidian crafting...

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback! Yea that is one of the focuses, that and alleviating the need to generate multiple worlds just to get something.

If anybody encounters a compatibility bug let me know.

question, I can't remember if it worked before
but could i build a giant dungeon using the walls and all the bricks,and would that allow every dungeon enemy to spawn? so i can get all the loot and whatnot

As long as it is relatively near your dungeon, seems to be a quirk that dungeon biomes don't function properly in the middle of the world. I do not know about the other side of the world. However, I would choose to build it near your current one just in case.

yeah i'll give it a shot and just kinda clear out the surrounding area and add onto the dungeon with the other kinds of bricks and banners and build a sort of battle arena and hope for the best

Back
Top Bottom