Why arent the altars craftable?
Demon_Altar.png
/
Crimson_Altar.png
it should made out of
Crimstone.png
Ebonstone_Block.png

Alchemy_Table_%28placed%29.gif
how about (since people are pretty much unlucky obtaining things)
how about?
Iron_Bar.png
Lesser_Healing_Potion.png
Lesser_Mana_Potion.png
Bone.png

Meat_Grinder_%28placed%29.gif
poor guy, never used it...once tried
what if thered be an crafting recipe :D
Crimstone_Block.png
Soul_of_Night.gif

Living_Loom_%28placed%29.png
this one should be crafted in the,
Giant Living Tree For Wood:
Wood.png

Ice_Machine_%28placed%29.gif
how about its made with:
Ice_Block.png
Iron_Anvil.png

Bone_Welder_%28placed%29.gif
how about its made with
Bone.png
Iron_Anvil.png

Sky_Mill_%28placed%29.gif
how about its made with
Cloud.png
Iron_Anvil.png

Extractinator_%28placed%29.gif
How About its made with
Stone_Block.png
Iron_Anvil.png
Campfire_%28placed%29.gif
Boy Oh Boy My Dear wood, Now Its Lit
Wood.png
Torch.png
(same with the altenate campfires)

Sharpening_Station_%28placed%29.gif
how about its made with
Iron_Bar.png
Iron_Anvil.png

Snowball_Launcher_%28placed%29.png
Its Kinda rare, i dislike rare things not ment as a weapon, to farm
Snow_Block.png
Glass.png

First_Encounter.png
i want to have all painting in 1 world cuz im a collector, but thats kinda troublesome without cheating

Silk.png
Wood.png
5 For Small Painting
Good_Morning.png
First_Encounter.png
Ominous_Presence.png
Guide_Picasso.png
The_Merchant.png
Nurse_Lisa.png

Silk.png
Wood.png
10 For High painting
Darkness_%28Painting%29.png
Land.png
Dark_Soul_Reaper.png

Silk.png
Wood.png
10 For Long painting
Lake_of_Fire.png
Hallow%27s_Eve.png
Pillagin_Me_Pixels.png
Blood_Moon_Countess.png
Impact.png
The_Destroyer_%28item%29.png

Last edited by a moderator:
well uh, what are the problems? and thx
Okay, let's see. The Furnace really isn't that hard to craft, so I don't think it needs that. Hellforges can be found all over in the Underworld; by the time you need one to smelt some Hellstone, you should have mined one and brought it to your base already. The whole point of Altars is that you break them to bring Hardmode Ore to your world, so crafting them wouldn't make sense.

However, I definitely like your other ideas; some of them are only meant to show up under specific circumstances, which frustrates me to no end, as I don't like jumping between different worlds.

I would support the paintings, but the Painter sells them. Maybe you can craft specific paintings that he doesn't sell, but it takes special ingredients? (Like Obsidian or Hellstone for Underworld paintings.)

Okay, let's see. The Furnace really isn't that hard to craft, so I don't think it needs that. Hellforges can be found all over in the Underworld; by the time you need one to smelt some Hellstone, you should have mined one and brought it to your base already. The whole point of Altars is that you break them to bring Hardmode Ore to your world, so crafting them wouldn't make sense.

However, I definitely like your other ideas; some of them are only meant to show up under specific circumstances, which frustrates me to no end, as I don't like jumping between different worlds.

I would support the paintings, but the Painter sells them. Maybe you can craft specific paintings that he doesn't sell, but it takes special ingredients? (Like Obsidian or Hellstone for Underworld paintings.)
welp i once was unlucky and had no hellstone furnace anywhere near, after an hour i finaly found one

and the furnace was mostly for when you are on the surface an find some tin, since you find 10 stone many in one chump

welp i once was unlucky and had no hellstone furnace anywhere near, after an hour i finaly found one

and the furnace was mostly for when you are on the surface an find some tin, since you find 10 stone many in one chump

Yeah, but what good is tin? XD
I just think a tiny amount of mining will grant the stone you need.
Sorry about the Hellforge thing; I always find them everywhere.

Yeah, but what good is tin? XD
I just think a tiny amount of mining will grant the stone you need.
Sorry about the Hellforge thing; I always find them everywhere.
but how about you want to build somethingn where you need much hellforge thinks, and actualy evne thought its bad its still armor and i use it sometimes cuz ima coolecter and like starting with that

Instead of craftable altars, I would instead propose that we get rid of the annoying requirement for altars as crafting station early-game.

This is only done for a handful of recipes in very early-game, pretty much just the Suspicious-looking Eye, Worm Food, the BoC spawn item, and the Night's Edge IIRC are the only recipes that require an altar.

IMO, get rid of the altar therefore you have no need to craft it, and also remove an annoying aspect from early-game of having to traipse across half the stinking map to make a boss spawner or your night's edge.

They obviously thought it was a dumb enough idea to not include any more of it in Hardmode, so why not remove it from Easymode too?

As for the other stuff...

1). I support Merchant selling Books, but only after Skeletron's defeat. This makes sense, as not everybody feels like farming the dungeon to make some bookcases. A book is a rather basic item, one that shouldn't need to be farmed.

2). Furnaces? Nah, furnaces are fine. Break a few pots, kill a few slimes, mine some stone blocks... it is not hard to get the materials whatsoever and Hellforges are stinking everywhere. A medium world has several dozen of them strewed throughout the Underworld and I usually find one within 60 seconds of "landing" in the Underworld for the first time in a playthrough. In fact, I wouldn't craft it because I wouldn't want to waste the hellstone I need for other stuff.

3). Meat Grinder... eh, I'm on the fence about. I don't like a crafting machine being an RNG drop, but then again, stick a water candle somewhere in a crimson area, say, a Crimson Desert and you'll have that Meat Grinder (and several more!) rather quickly, especially if you go to a Crimson Desert during Blood Moon.

4). Can't really say I support the idea of craftable crafting machines, to be honest. They're honestly not THAT hard to get. Grinding Wheels are everywhere in the Jungle, Sky Mills are not hard to find, Ice Machines are very common too, the only one there I'd be tempted with is the Extractinator, but again, go to the Underground Desert -- there's probably at least 5 in the houses and another 2-3 in the chests there. If not, any chest in the Underground, Jungle, OR Ice Biome can have one.

Back
Top Bottom