Better reward for killing Moon Lord (expert)

Should their be a better reward for an expert mode Moon Lord?

• Total voters

Voyager

Headless Horseman
For all the effort it took to defeat the Moon Lord you don't get much. I have never used the gravity globe. Not once, Ever!
I wish we would have gotten something that turns off invasions so that building would be viable on expert worlds.
I deleted my expert world because of annoying back-to-back invasions, but I do like expert mode worlds for their added effects:
electric jellyfish, spitting spiders, improved AI...
So I just think that the reward doesn't match the effort here. The gravety globe is a useless bobble sitting in a chest.

I thought Suspicious Looking Tentacle was reasonably functional (Though what use do you have for ores and normal treasure at this point? ) but I agree gravity globe in the face of better options like the UFO mount and the Cute Fishron with its water and half hp buffs is obsolete.

Gravity Globe shoulda been the expert drop from Lunatic Cultist IMO. Suspicious looking tentacle is cool, but still think it was very underwhelming for being a drop from defeating the hardest boss in the game (hands down) on an insanely hard difficulty. I think it should have a larger light, that lit up almost the entire screen. Then it'd actually be useful instead of just being an ugly Wisp in a Bottle.

I happen to agree. A better reward could be in store- something that can still be of use to someone who had already way surpassed the digging for metals point in the game.
Perhaps he could also drop extra fragments, or two weapons at a time in his Treasure Bag - although I like the invasion idea. I do also like the idea of a different gravity related accessory- like maybe something that pushes enemies away, or something.

It'd be better to say "I don't like this and here's what I'd change!" than "I don't like this and it should be changed", but ok. I'd like to see an idea on what a new reward would be.

How about beating the Moon Lord unlocks a new option with 3 selections for the character. 1. Normal mode (Terraria as it is.) 2. Peaceful mode (No monster spawns except via statues and summoning items. For this world and an option to create a new world.(Great for creating adventure maps.)) 3. (Mass hysteria mode (Mob spawns doubled or tripled even.) You still get the expert drops to.

Here's how I look at it:

You just beat THE hardest boss in the game. Do you really need more power?
And besides, he already drops plenty of goodies without the Expert drops.
No, you don't need more power. That is why the gravity globe is never used.
If you read my first post you will see I just ask for a way to make building sane on expert worlds.

As noted, and my personal opinion, once you kill Moonlord, you've essentially done the hardest thing you can attempt and succeed at doing in the game, so you really don't need anything else. In fact, most of everything you get anyways from the celestial pillars even are capable of cheesing the game below it.

If I had only one gripe though, it would be that Moon Lord should drop a heck of a lot more Luminite Ore, at least to create one set of armor.

I see the Suspicious Looking Tentacle as the actual reward, it's the only thing that could have an improved bonus, the light pet. and it's a decent bonus as well. I think they putted the Gravity Globe in it as a filler, since it was leaked before, they didn't felt the need to scrap it. The Tentacle should have the rainbow prefix though, imo.

Otherwise, if anything, then not a weapon, there are enough powerful weapons, not to mention the 7 weapons Moon Lord drops himself.

I also think the globe intended to be a drop from cultist. It also exists a (unused) expert bag sprite for cultists.

So what could the Moon Lord drop? How about something like the Eternia Crystal Stand, e.g. Moonstone Altar.
But besides the Eternia Crystal you can insert any boss or event item. After insertion you can activate it with a wire or by hand.
Then depending at the item you inserted enemies will spawn similar to Old One's Army. But different to that the spawned enemies will always the same. E.g. 3 zombies left, 2 slime right, 1 bat left, 2 zombie right, ...all the you activate it will be same order and amount. And 2nd you will earn points for how fast you killed each wave.
With this you have something to do for all the overpowered Moonlord drops. (my suggestion some time ago.)

----
An item which ends random events/invasions is also a good idea

By that, I meant something like this...
"Person was slain by Joe's Tounge"
"Person felt violated by Joe's Tongue" would be funny.

On topic, I think the Gravity Globe is only useless if you make it useless. It can be a fun item.

Unless invasions happen more often on expert, I don't think they really are too much of a nuisance when trying to build. Besides, you can easily beat invasions with the weapons ML drops.

another idea would be an item called "the moon" or something that looks similar to the inferno potion but acts like a really good version of the dryads nature aura

I've got an idea!
How about an item that lets you paint(place) in any block in the game!
No more making blocks...no more cutting rock...
THE ULTIMATE BUILDING TOOL

I've got an idea!
How about an item that lets you paint(place) in any block in the game!
No more making blocks...no more cutting rock...
THE ULTIMATE BUILDING TOOL
that is extremely overpowered. maybe if you have to make/find 50 or 100 of that block before you can place an infinite amount of them

Back
Top Bottom