Pixel Art Better Shiny Pokemon

Gotheran

Plantera
So I got bored the other day and started tweaking with Pokemon shiny sprites trying to brainstorm some better looks for shiny pokemon besides the sickly green barf that most of the shinys are. Came up with these.

Untitled.png

I couldn't choose between a couple versions hence there being two sets of Arcanine, growlithe and Gengar. The idea behind Gengar was to get him to look more like his Mega form Shiny

Untitled.png

Updated, added Mareep, Flaafy, Ampharos, Cubone, Marowak, and Sunflora.

I can personally choose which sunflora looks better I like all three

Ampharos's shiny is usually pink but its more a muted greyish pink, I made it more vibrant and changed the gems on its tail and forehead to match the skin tone, the original blue clashed too much with the pink.

Untitled.png

Updated, added Haunter and Ghastly with a similar palette to Grengar, Doduo and Dodrio with a chicken motif, and golden metapod, and pink/gold Butterfree

If you've noticed these are sofar exclusively gen 1 and 2's, well Looking at the sprites I have more of the Gen3's are alright by me and the few that aren't I don't really care about as a pokemon so while I may still edit them they are at the bottom of my list to tweak vs the incredibly barf green gen 1 and 2's

Last edited:
Better Shinys.png

Added Totodile &co and Sanshrew, oddly I kept sandshrew slightly green, I was aiming for a kind of "sandy" green, not exactly what I was hoping for but I think it looks alright, as for Totodile, I just felt like doing something different than just a blue set of fins so I went with a darker alligator green trying to make it look a bit more the part of an alligator/crocodile

No new shiny sprites, but I did come up with a concept for a rebalanced Shedinja

16790864_988302534637701_1290249146_n.png

at best (with these base stats) a level 100 shedinja can have at most 119 hp, 13 at absolute worst, so even though it no longer takes "extra" damage from type disadvantage its hp is so low it doesn't particularly matter, plus it no longer is immune to all but disadvantaged types.

Back
Top Bottom