NPCs & Enemies Better Slime King summoning during Slime Rain (and slime king revamp in general)

Do you think this should be added? (READ THIS FIRST)

• Yes, I would love to have change in the slime king!

• No, the slime king is fine how it is.

• I have\a suggestion... for your suggestion (Post below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Just Monika

Skeletron Prime
So, as we all know (or most of us know), slime rain causes slimes to fall from the sky (or spawn in general) more frequently. Once you kill 100 slimes, the slime king spawns somewhere near you.
Now, I have a better idea of how this might work
So it should still be the default kill 100 slimes to summon slime king, but when you kill 100 slimes during slime rain, the slime rain should STOP. No slimes spawn at ALL, no slime rain background. And it should be quiet for 10 seconds. Then the *Slime King has awoken!* message appears, the slime rain continues, and the king slime falls from the sky, right above you, really fast. Once it hits the ground, it makes a golem-type smash and a bunch of slimes pop out from it. Every time the slime king jumps, it does this ground pound animation, and does damage. The slime king should also jump higher so the ground pound makes sense (also since it's fat), and should also have multiple attack form (Like every other boss)
So it ground pounds, (like 10 times), then it will stop and launch two slimes in your direction, then loop the attack pattern again. (I don't want to change it TOO much). As the slime king gets smaller, (or less health), it will do less damage on it's ground pounds, jump lower, and launch 1 slime (spiked). The ground pounds should also have a smaller animation and less ground pound sounds. In expert mode, the slime king should also have a Slime Relic on it's crown.

Expert mode: Slime King will actually be a spiked slime (once it reaches half health), and spit out spikes every once in a while.
Expert mode: Once slime king teleports, the spikes will fall to the ground and act as spike balls for a few seconds. However, once it re-appears, the slime king will still have it's spikes (it will act like the crown)
Expert mode: Better expert mode item? Friendly slimes aren't that helpful.

The slime king should also drop 1-5 pieces of gold/platinum and 0-1 rubies. 5% change of not dropping any gold and ruby, and instead just dropping a platinum/gold crown.

Another idea (less realistic) is that the crown on the king slime is based on that ore gen you have. So it can be golden or platinum (if you don't know, a world can only generate with gold or platinum, and it cannot generate both).

If you use the slime crown, the slime king will have it's regular spawn animation, but still have the attacks listed

If you think about it, the slime king is one of the first bosses you fight. It should be harder to kill, since most people just kill the slime king by going 20 tiles up a rope, it should be more varied and have a better AI than jumping and teleporting.

Better drops, too. Perhaps a weapon? Something that, if this was implemented, would be more rewarding.

Thanks for your time, and for reading.

And also, thank you if you post anything below.

Ugh... reading this over makes the king slime spiked thing seem more modded and removing the "brand" of the game.

Last edited:
I'd rather not make him any more difficult as his expert drop is only useful for a short period of time.
He could have better drops, or something like that. Making him harder and adding more drops would be more rewarding than making him easy and a hook and a weaker mount is less rewarding.

So this would work with spawning him with the crown too?

The start of the battle where the slime king jumps down on you is only for he slime rain. However, his other ground pounds and everything else would be there if you used a slime crown. He would still spawn like normal, but with all the other features

Gotta agree with you on the better expert mode item. I mean seriously, who needs friendly slimes or a chance to confuse enemies? The bee keeper already does that!

Actuallly, Royal Gel saved my life once on a modded late-game playthrough.
I know royal gel can save you, but really, if you defeat one of the first few bosses, what would you want? A super OP Weapon (Like 20 damage) that can help you through your start journeys, something cool, something that can help you a lot through your journeys and gameplay as this new weapon can defeat enemies easier. Or would you rather not a new weapon, but making an enemy practically not an enemy. An enemy that isn't even that annoying?

I support this. I feel like there has to be a place where King slime is still easier than EoC but still harder than "go 20 blocks up or walk away at a calm pace

I know royal gel can save you, but really, if you defeat one of the first few bosses, what would you want? A super OP Weapon (Like 20 damage) that can help you through your start journeys, something cool, something that can help you a lot through your journeys and gameplay as this new weapon can defeat enemies easier. Or would you rather not a new weapon, but making an enemy practically not an enemy. An enemy that isn't even that annoying?
I don't mean offense, but I can't understand what this means, and can only get a rudimentary sketch of what you are trying to say. Is English your second language? If so, then it's understandable that it would be hard to read, and I apologize for bringing it up.

Spiked slimes are more annoying than any foe

I know I said that other suggestion was good, but this one takes the cake. You marvelous geenyus. The King Slime is now an adequate enemy.

I don't mean offense, but I can't understand what this means, and can only get a rudimentary sketch of what you are trying to say. Is English your second language? If so, then it's understandable that it would be hard to read, and I apologize for bringing it up.
Basically I'm saying a useful early game weapon would be much more rewarding.
And no, English is my first language, I have just been writing the past few on my phone (And this one now :) )
[doublepost=1507154436,1507154397][/doublepost]
Spiked slimes are more annoying than any foe
Lies. Bees take the number one spot. :D
[doublepost=1507154488][/doublepost]Also for everyone please vote what you think of this!

Basically I'm saying a useful early game weapon would be much more rewarding.
And no, English is my first language, I have just been writing the past few on my phone (And this one now :) )
Okay thanks for clearing that up, now I can understand what you meant. It was just the way you worded it I guess.:p

Back
Top Bottom